Itch scratched.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Do they have any Brompton hire boxes near you ?

https://www.bromptonbikehire.com/docks
Yeah,Cougie ~ It looks like there are a few in my tri-state area, Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia. I don’t have a car so I would have to make a journey by metro, but I think I could swing it. I will have to do so, just out of real curiosity as to what they are like. :laugh: All this Brompton talk has me wondering what these sharp wonders of engineering are like. I see they even make electric ones too, but I am not after those yet.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I don't live in a big city, or even a big town - thankfully!
My knowledge of London commuters is limited to comments on here and what I see on TV. When I watch the news, and a reporter is live on air it is very noticeable the number of Brommies whizzing past behind them. Few big wheel bikes presumably due to train travel problems.

12boy

Guru
My M12R is the bike of choice if it's snowy, icy or just slippery. There's far less of it to get tangled up with when the bike goes in three different directions and I get an unexpected lie-down in the slush...
I could give it a try with my Scwalbe studded snows.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
My M12R is the bike of choice if it's snowy, icy or just slippery. There's far less of it to get tangled up with when the bike goes in three different directions and I get an unexpected lie-down in the slush...

Sold mine (an M3) quite a while ago but I did ride it home in the snow once- easy to drop the saddle and use legs as outriggers when going downhill.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's another reason why I use mine for the pub! Ended-up making a Foodie shaped imprint on a Norfolk lane hedge on Friday night's ride back...it's easy to get back onto a Brompton....must have been gravel or summat....
The next day, the imprint was still there!

Rocky

Hello decadence
It's another reason why I use mine for the pub! Ended-up making a Foodie shaped imprint on a Norfolk lane hedge on Friday night's ride back...it's easy to get back onto a Brompton....must have been gravel or summat....
The next day, the imprint was still there!
I bet Wimps fell about laughing too.....

Rocky

Hello decadence
I ride my Brommie most of the time now......since last year's back operation it is the most comfortable bike for my lumbar spine. It's just as quick as my other bikes too.

0D08E186-C33E-49C3-BC5E-D1D0A60879E0.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I'd like a little wire basket to go on the front for occasional use. I can buy a pricey Brompton thing but that's not sensible.
I can buy a bracket to put on a basket, but which basket is best? Don't want a massive thing, just smallish job for T&O use.
Have any of you cobbled something together?

GM

Legendary Member
I ride my Brommie most of the time now......since last year's back operation it is the most comfortable bike for my lumbar spine. It's just as quick as my other bikes too.

View attachment 597451

I see you've changed your handle bars, much better with those grips as well!
I can throughly recommend Schwalbe One tan wall tyres, they roll so much better. Glad your backs on the mend! :okay:

Rocky

Hello decadence
I see you've changed your handle bars, much better with those grips as well!
I can throughly recommend Schwalbe One tan wall tyres, they roll so much better. Glad your backs on the mend! :okay:

View attachment 597454
Yes, the M bars are far better than the P ones (in my opinion) - not sure why I ever chose them. I've got marathon pluses at the moment which are wearing a bit thin......I might change them for those tan walls - they look good.

Reactions: GM
Top Bottom