Its all over! we are doing it wrong!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LinkoVitch

Regular
I have some shocking news fellow cyclists! Bit of back story (not much :smile: )

Today is lovely and sunny, I fortuitously took today off work for other reasons, this is clearly a sign. So, as I had a day off, the weather is nice the good lady asks me if I fancy a run out on the tandem for a couple of hours, so off we go. There were hills, lovely scenery and a bit where we went at 38 MPH and I went wheeee and apparently she was trying to back pedal :biggrin: Awesome ride out..

And then.. the whole cycling world comes tumbling down! Apparently, I am reliably informed by a motorist at a set of lights that "roads are for cars!" OMG! We are such bad people using the cars roads! I was mortified, I am ashamed but I tried to argue the point with him. I can only apologise for my sheer rudeness, my response was "Well, this is a BUS lane, and your car is neither a bus nor a taxi", my insolence clearly offended the poor chap, his retort was simply "F@£K YOU!" followed by the wrong hand gesture for that insult and turning up of his cars music. I did try to make some recompence for my horrendous actions by indicating to him that the traffic light on "His road" was actually green.. He did drive away quite quickly, I think he was disgusted to be near us.. I feel so bad and ashamed for my horrific ignorance of the correct use of the roads, I just had to warn you all so you too did not make such a horrific mistake.

Oh he had tried prior to the conversation alerting us to our errors by driving very quickly along the wide empty bus lane honking his horn several times.

Our exchange must have delayed his purchase of high quality merchandise from Ikea greatly, I do hope his day has not been ruined.

:biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
But look at it this way - you had an excellent ride. That other poor bastard had to go to Ikea.
Personally, I'd rather clamp my nuts in a vice than step inside the Blue and Yellow Shed of Doom.

OP
OP
LinkoVitch

LinkoVitch

Regular
I *TRY* to ignore ignorance (heh), think it helped me keep my calm with the fool. Really irks me when people assume everything should be just for them and never consider others.

Was a bloody good ride though :smile: Although at one point there were threats from the back of some cycling abuse (She threatened to beat me with my own pump!!!! I guess that's the cycling equivalence of a rolling pin? :smile: )

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Damned Ikea! you get lost upstairs only to be able to smell the meatballs and wonder how the [deleted expletive] do i get to them!

well done on keeping your kewl tho Graeme, i'd have proper gone off on one :biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
But look at it this way - you had an excellent ride. That other poor bastard had to go to Ikea.
Personally, I'd rather clamp my nuts in a vice than step inside the Blue and Yellow Shed of Doom.

my nearest ikea is in the same retail park as decathlon, it has been known for me to suggest a trip to ikea jsut so i can get some cycle stuff :blush:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Top quality passive-aggressive rant.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Okey dokey, LinkoVitch, ta for telling us about the roads: I shall stay on the pavements in the future ^_^

will golden

Regular
He only goes to Ikea because he is told to by mass media. Tut to you for having the aesthetics to be discerning!

So to counter this he has to do exactly what he is NOT told to whilst driving, else demonstrate a total absence of cojones.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
So pavements are illegal, roads are antisocial, where does that leave me on a dedicated cycle path, totally blocked, twice a day with offensive parents and screaming children. well, at least they scream when i ride over thier toes, going to, or coming out of, school

I am so upset by all of your comments, I think you all have it wrong.................It is the hot dogs at Ikea which makes the trip to that place bearable. And if you all need some advice (not about bikes as I know nothing about them worth passing on;)), advice about Ikea and the wife...... I say, "You look shattered hun, go look around the store and have some you time while I look after the baby. I will meet you downstairs when you're done. I will wait by the hot dog stand for you." MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM then 2-3 hot dogs later I am content with an hour of watching people passing me with shopping trolleys filled to the max with boxes covered in names I cannot pronounce whilst waiting for the wife to finish window shopping. :becool:

Top Bottom