It's bike lights again :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonderloaf

Veteran
The brqcoet
wait I have asked this question in a separate thread.

So this light + a bracket fit on a Garmin mount? is it the mount with the 1/4 fixing for a garmin light beneath it? as per the pic?
The bracket is a Halfords make (not Garmin) and will take a Garmin GPS on top. Underneath it has a bracket that uses a simgle screw to fit to the light, intended for a Halfords light but can also be used on my Lezyne. According to the box can also be used for a Go-pro I believe. Hope this helps.

Johnno260

Veteran
The brqcoet

The bracket is a Halfords make (not Garmin) and will take a Garmin GPS on top. Underneath it has a bracket that uses a simgle screw to fit to the light, intended for a Halfords light but can also be used on my Lezyne. According to the box can also be used for a Go-pro I believe. Hope this helps.

I was hoping the light would be compatible with an existing Garmin mount, as I have a mount on each of my bikes.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I had to move the switch on my Busch an Muller dynamo powered lamp from Off to On.
I wired in a handlebar-mounted switch.

I was sceptical of dynamo lights but I don't miss the annual "is it worth upgrading?" lights decision because my lights crossed into "bright enough to see with" many years ago and obviously there's no worry that the battery might have gotten too old to hold charge. I suppose one day the standlight capacity might fail or the weather might get into them. This must be less profitable for manufacturers and may be why they still don't seem to be catching on in the UK because Brits love being ripped off by the high price of low-cost.

I'm fond of lights and have several, ranging from cheap to very cheap. I bought a Blackburn central 700 last year for £30 and the 300 lumen version when it was only 11 spuds at tredz (they've gone up to 13.88 now but that's still a lot of lumens for the money).

I don't ride off road, and also don't do long distance night rides, darkness riding is limited to short commutes and the odd ride where we come back as it's getting dark. Consequently I don't feel I could justify the outlay for a dynamo set-up as much as I'd like them.
I feel rechargeables and light charging has become another chore that needs time and organisation devoted to it. What if i forget, do i need spare lights? Etc. I've even made myself a "charging station" in the garage - fitted a usb socket with a shelf above so I can charge on or off the bikes!
I'm not so keen on rechargeable rear lights, they make me a little paranoid because I can't see them. I do have a couple- a Moon and an Aldi Moon copy, neither of them last much more than an hour on full power.
So I ended up buying some really cheap battery-powered rear lights. These turned out to be plenty bright enough at night, and can even be seen in daylight, and I didn't change the batteries all last winter. If they do run out of juice I have spare batteries in my toolkit. I've ended up using these instead of, rather than as an emergency for the rechargeables. They're not as cute but boy are they practical!

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Just considering an Omni 3 rear light to attach to my Topeak saddle bag, basically I have £10 to spend free if I buy a jacket I am looking at on Wiggle.
Does anyone here use one? Any opinions?
Got a Smart rear light on one bike and the rear light on the other bike is about to die!
Want a light to fit horizontally as the Smart one taps on my rear mud guard as its vertical fitting.
Cheers

Top Bottom