Its finally happening, work are installing a better cycle shelter!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
So after literally years of asking work are finally putting in an enclosed shelter with a pin code lock!
Sheffield stands on the inside.
its about time considering there's been about £20k worth of bikes stolen over the last two years alone.
we've been targeted by local thieves, they show up in cycle gear after someone scouts out whether there's anything worth nicking (been observed)

ok so what does this boil down to?
I CAN FINALLY GET A SHINY NEW BIKE!!! :biggrin:
pete

chernij

There are a few bike shelters for students at The University of Manchester but unfortunately not near my building or in fact the main campus. I wish there was - to be fair it's busy enough on Oxford Road to deter thieves, but I'd still to prefer to put it in a locked shelter. Also when it rains (as it does in Manchester a lot) I'd like my bike to be dry! I currently use a bike cover, not the trendiest of things at Uni :rolleyes:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
"its about time considering there's been about £20k worth of bikes stolen over the last two years alone"

Holy maceroly ,, £20,000 in two years , that's like £192 a week , you must be using putty as locks, or they are paying you to much

OP
OP
Melonfish

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
na, we just have a lot of mamils in our company who enjoy spending redonculous amounts of money on bikes only to secure them with really pants cable locks...

Top Bottom