It's my birthday so...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMcGrath

I want to treat myself to my 1st upgrade... Wheels. Since I've started riding I've loved the look of the deeper style wheels, espically the cosmic carbone wheels. My budget is not much more than them at £765. I have standard the bianchi reparto corse wheels. I can't see how heavy they are. I've seen that a lot of comments are the cosmics are heavy for hills but fast on flats?? I don't no weather to go for them. I just love the look of them?
Any advice would be great as don't want to waste my money. Also like cosmic elites
Cheers

Brandane

Legendary Member
I know SFA about fancy wheels, but Happy Birthday anyway :thumbsup:. You share your birthday with my niece, aged 22 today. Born on general election day!

boydj

Legendary Member
Better to go for hand-built wheels from a reputable wheel builder. A good wheel builder will ask about yourself and the type of riding you do and will be able to recommend the best combination of hub/rim/spokes to suit you and your budget. For instance, deep, aero wheels are great for some types of riding, but they tend to be heavy and not the best for climbing if you live in a hilly area.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
They are probably lighter than the ones you have, i fancy a pair myself, but just waiting to ride a mates bike with them on. as for climbing with them i don't think they would be that bad, but will post again when i have rode with them.

OP
OP
R

RyanMcGrath

I just purchased them. I've only recently had pads fitted (shimano dura ace pads) the pads won't damage the wheel at all will they?
Or would u upgrade pads to clarks or swisstop green?
Cheers

Brandane

Legendary Member
I just purchased them. I've only recently had pads fitted (shimano dura ace pads) the pads won't damage the wheel at all will they?
Or would u upgrade pads to clarks or swisstop green?
Cheers
Koolstop are kind to rims, and stop you quickly. Wear a bit quicker than some others, but not too noticeable.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Is the braking surface alloy or carbon? If it's the latter, you will need carbon specific pads.

sackville d

Veteran
For that money you could consider some Planet X deep section clinchers and some Shimano RS 80s
Also consider some hand built wheels with Hope hubs

Top Bottom