It's not often I lust after material things...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
...but I've lost my heart to this, as you can see from the mile wide grin on my face when I got a go...

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKpukhOXcEI

Is it the shinyness? The colour? The way it looks like it's going at 150mph just standing still? My heart went out to it the moment they unloaded it on Friday, and every time I walked past it, I looked, and longed, and longed....

Utterly impractical unless you have a whopping shed or garage. And so far outside any budget I'm ever likely to have. But oh.....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Nice! The bit where it goes through the tent thing is just calling out for a flying tea-urn and an ensuing Benny Hill-style chase! ;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
:ohmy:

I was impressed with how slim I looked standing in the background. Clever camera angles I think.... And the oh so flattering CC jersey...;)

My, I bet that could be fast though. Once inside, the wind just disappeared, and bearing in mind that on Sunday it was blowing trees down, that's saying something!

yep sure is a loverly machine, but doubt i would ever want it so much that i would pony up the dosh for it. i am feeling the 'bent urge though, have my eye on a bacchetta giro 20. oh and arch, if you're looking for a model for VV's B1 reveiw bike, i'm just ya man ;-)

cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
velocidad said:
yep sure is a loverly machine, but doubt i would ever want it so much that i would pony up the dosh for it. i am feeling the 'bent urge though, have my eye on a bacchetta giro 20. oh and arch, if you're looking for a model for VV's B1 reveiw bike, i'm just ya man ;-)

cheers, velocidad.

You'll have to fight off several of us! I'm hoping, with the boom right in, and platform shoes, that I'll just about be able to pedal it! If I ever went for a 2 wheeler it would be contender, just because with the small wheels, it's one of the few I can get my feet down on easily...

I have to hand it to the ICE guys, every year I go and droll over their stuff, and they are always really nice and helpful, despite the fact that I haven't a spare penny to my name. And even if I did, I'm not sure I'd bring myself to spend the sort of money a velomobile costs, like you. But oh! it's beautiful...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Smeggers said:
Would you honestly be seen out in public in that?! ;)

Well yes, I already have, if you count the rally as public. Not much wierder than being on an unfaired trike really. If anything, sleeker and even more "Wow - cool!"..

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
velocidad said:
ummm, thought competition would be strong. there's homemade cake in it for you if you could swing me a quick wizz round the block ;-)

I think that counts as corporate blackmail or something;) I'll see what I can do... I know some models have been a bit overused recently, so maybe... :smile:

The Editor is going to suddenly find he's extremely popular!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Presumably VeloVision is pleading for a Borealis to test as soon as?

Now, my trip to work is all flat, open roads. But a bit exposed to the weather.

A perfect test bed.

Nudge nudge!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm not sure the ICE guys would be daft enough to send one, knowing I'm on the staff, they'd never see it again!:smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
Arch, We'd make a lovely couple. You in a red convertable and me in a silver hardtop. I would stump up the cash for one of these right now if I had it.

Oh yes, nice. Although it won't be as fast as the Borealis of course, not being red.

But very nice...

Top Bottom