It's Official: Northeners Smell of shoot!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Flying_Monkey said:
My entirely unscientific observations of toilet habits indicate that most men everywhere do not wash their hands after taking a piss. I don't understand this at all...

Unless you have a urinary tract infection then urine is sterile. Working in a lab I wash before and after.

Wolf04

Kirstie said:
I think it's poo they're talking about. In Newcastle 50% of guys have poo on their hands. Those geordies need to keep their hands to themselves...xx(
Wee is sterile, isn't it?

I remember a pseudo scientifice experiment on this subject carried out on the Myth Buster TV show. They set up a bathroom and used it for thirty days. Then measured fecal bacteria on the objects in the bathroom. They found fecal bacteria everywhere, on the soap, on the toothbrushes everything. The suggestion was to put down the lid before flushing. Unfortunately they then expanded the search and found similar levels in the other rooms in the house including the kitchen. I have cleaned my toothbrush with bleach ever since seeing the programme.

Geordie Pete (Hands so clean they glow in the dark)

Wolf04 said:
I remember a pseudo scientifice experiment on this subject carried out on the Myth Buster TV show. They set up a bathroom and used it for thirty days. Then measured fecal bacteria on the objects in the bathroom. They found fecal bacteria everywhere, on the soap, on the toothbrushes everything. The suggestion was to put down the lid before flushing. Unfortunately they then expanded the search and found similar levels in the other rooms in the house including the kitchen. I have cleaned my toothbrush with bleach ever since seeing the programme.

Geordie Pete (Hands so clean they glow in the dark)

Yes I watched that too. The only vague consolation is that if it's your own house then it's likely to be your own poo on your toothbrush! Or at least the poo of someone you care about... xx( I think they established that there was no difference between having the toilet lid up or down when you flush because poo is everywhere...

Wolf04

Kirstie said:
Yes I watched that too. The only vague consolation is that if it's your own house then it's likely to be your own poo on your toothbrush! Or at least the poo of someone you care about... xx( I think they established that there was no difference between having the toilet lid up or down when you flush because poo is everywhere...

I stand corrected, the important thing is I didn't imagine the whole thing.
:sad:

Mr Phoebus

How those filth-bags have the 'brass balls' to parade their
shoot encrusted dwellings on that Kim and Aggie TV-series, I'll never know. xx(xx(xx(

Kirstie said:
The only vague consolation is that if it's your own house then it's likely to be your own poo on your toothbrush! Or at least the poo of someone you care about...

Yes indeed.

I was having thoughts of this very nature many years ago, when living in a student house I had to unblock the plughole in the shower, which was blocked by a matted mess of soapy (pubic ?xx() hair and gunge.

gavintc

Guru
Kirstie said:

And yet people do not think twice about oral sex

Wolf04

gavintc said:
And yet people do not think twice about oral sex

Actually I think about it a lot more than that.
xx(:evil:

I'll get my coat.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
When you consider that readily available water and soap have made a relatively recent appearance in human history, it is highly likely that we have evolved to be able to happily cope with the presence of normal faecal bacteria, so the whole story's a bit of a non-starter.

Maybe, but what was the average lifespan ?
What is it in Sub-Saharan Africa ?

An understanding of the mechanisms of disease, proper hygiene and plain soap and clean water has made a far greater impact on human health and life expectancy than any other medical advances like antibiotics and innoculations, let alone heart transplants or brain surgery.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Flying_Monkey said:
My entirely unscientific observations of toilet habits indicate that most men everywhere do not wash their hands after taking a piss. I don't understand this at all...
Yersss, never eat peanuts off the bar :tongue:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Wolf04 said:
Unless you have a urinary tract infection then urine is sterile. Working in a lab I wash before and after.

I'm assuming that the toiletary habits after shitting are much the same - I don't however hang around to find out!

All toilets need one of these...
far_side_hands.jpg

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
andy_wrx said:
Maybe, but what was the average lifespan ?
What is it in Sub-Saharan Africa ?

An understanding of the mechanisms of disease, proper hygiene and plain soap and clean water has made a far greater impact on human health and life expectancy than any other medical advances like antibiotics and innoculations, let alone heart transplants or brain surgery.

I'm not denying that there is a potential of disease spreading due to unwashed hands, but am simply suggesting that the conventional gut fauna are unlikely to give you disease. Increase in life expectancy has probably been more down to things like innoculation, better diet and control of sewage systems so that things like cholera epidemics can't break out.

Top Bottom