It's Official: Northeners Smell of shoot!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Wolf04 said:
Actually I think about it a lot more than that.
:smile::evil:

I'll get my coat.

Would that be a dirty mac? :wacko:

Headgardener said:
Working for the NHS means that hand washing is part of the job and I must wash them (my hands) about 15 times a day maybe more.

Which is totally pointless when the first unwashed visitor enters the ward and starts spreading their germs around!

wafflycat

Cunobelin said:
Which is totally pointless when the first unwashed visitor enters the ward and starts spreading their germs around!

Or the first unwashed member of staff...

col

Legendary Member
Headgardener said:
Working for the NHS means that hand washing is part of the job and I must wash them (my hands) about 15 times a day maybe more.

This is interesting,im in the same boat,but iv never thought of how many times i actually wash my hands,ill try and remember to keep count,as we are supposed to do it before and after every patient contact,which id guess is more than 15 in my case,ill let you know.

Stan

Cunobelin said:

wafflycat said:
Or the first unwashed member of staff...

Thanks guys, just what I need when I'm having major surgery in the next few weeks. Will be in hospital for up to 10 days so plenty of time to pick up an infection. Of course, should I pick up C diff I would like to leave the prospective Mrs Marsh in the lifestyle she has become accustomed to, and also make sure my bikes go to a good home. Any offers? :tongue:

Stan said:
Thanks guys, just what I need when I'm having major surgery in the next few weeks. Will be in hospital for up to 10 days so plenty of time to pick up an infection. Of course, should I pick up C diff I would like to leave the prospective Mrs Marsh in the lifestyle she has become accustomed to, and also make sure my bikes go to a good home. Any offers? :tongue:

Sorry!

It is just a bugbear of mine......... We take steps to keep clen (wash hands after every patient contact, prior to every patient contact, and often during as well!

Add to that on leaving and entering a clinical area and the use of alcohol gels and hand cleaning is more likely to be 50 or 60 times a day...

We had a classic the other day great care taken to reduce infection then despite being asked not to relatives arrive, embrace and kiss patient, followed by the ones on either side!

4 handwashes for staff, none for the vistors. This is a problem that needs to be adressed.

col

Legendary Member
Cunobelin said:
Sorry!

It is just a bugbear of mine......... We take steps to keep clen (wash hands after every patient contact, prior to every patient contact, and often during as well!

Add to that on leaving and entering a clinical area and the use of alcohol gels and hand cleaning is more likely to be 50 or 60 times a day...

We had a classic the other day great care taken to reduce infection then despite being asked not to relatives arrive, embrace and kiss patient, followed by the ones on either side!

4 handwashes for staff, none for the vistors. This is a problem that needs to be adressed.

Iv often seen groups of visitors coming in and most gel their hands,it always seems to be the ones that look like hard cases or think they are,skin head ,tattoos,walking like they have the bubonic plague giving everyone as evil a look as they can muster that dont bother,even with a big sign right in front of them.I think the only way is to have a guy on the entrance to the hospital and no one gets in until they gel?

Stan

longers said:
I'll take the bikes please, with a possible option on Mrs Stan :wacko:

I'd take just the bikes if I were you longers, the prospective Mrs Marsh is very expensive to keep and is for life not just for Christmas. :tongue:

Cunobelin said:
Sorry!

It is just a bugbear of mine......... We take steps to keep clen (wash hands after every patient contact, prior to every patient contact, and often during as well! etc.

Cunobelin, hope you didn't take my post too seriously. I've spent eight weeks in hospital over five occasions over the last couple of years. The standard of hygiene has been very high from the staff (and the level of care excellent :smile:). Pity the same cannot be said of the visitors. Much to the disgust of my family I plan to keep the number of my visits to a minimum.

Top Bottom