It's Official: Northeners Smell of shoot!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stan said:
I'd take just the bikes if I were you longers, the prospective Mrs Marsh is very expensive to keep and is for life not just for Christmas. :tongue:

Cunobelin, hope you didn't take my post too seriously. I've spent eight weeks in hospital over five occasions over the last couple of years. The standard of hygiene has been very high from the staff (and the level of care excellent :wacko:). Pity the same cannot be said of the visitors. Much to the disgust of my family I plan to keep the number of my visits to a minimum.

No offence taken... My favourite example of a "Good" campaign was at Addenbrookes in Cambridge whic greeted you at the entrance with a big poster of a child in a wheelchair and the implied message - we are doing our bit - now you do yours!

Sophie_Munns_poster_150.jpg

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
This type of bile pisses me off. The f*ckin' clueless, turgid cess pit that is the media spews this type of story out to sell papers/increase viewing/hits etc, knowing that southerners will buy into it to laugh at northerners, and northerners will buy into it to get the info and get defensive and retaliate.

I just see it as an amusing aside, that reinforces my dislike of the media, and the venom they vomit out as 'news'.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
You are of course ignoring the fact that the report is refering to a serious piece of research by experts in disease. In fact, it's been taken so seriously up here that our medical school here at Newcastle is going to start a major follow-up investigation.

Wolf04

Flying_Monkey said:
You are of course ignoring the fact that the report is refering to a serious piece of research by experts in disease. In fact, it's been taken so seriously up here that our medical school here at Newcastle is going to start a major follow-up investigation.

Hope they fix the toilet on the 2nd floor first.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cunobelin said:
Sorry!

It is just a bugbear of mine......... We take steps to keep clen (wash hands after every patient contact, prior to every patient contact, and often during as well!

Add to that on leaving and entering a clinical area and the use of alcohol gels and hand cleaning is more likely to be 50 or 60 times a day...

We had a classic the other day great care taken to reduce infection then despite being asked not to relatives arrive, embrace and kiss patient, followed by the ones on either side!

4 handwashes for staff, none for the vistors. This is a problem that needs to be adressed.

Working in the food industry, we have to be bery vigilant on handwashing and personal hygiene. Failiure to wash hands whn leaving the toilets or ebntering the production areas are serious disciplinary offences. Our factory is deemed low-risk (dry goods blending) but my customers operate higher-risk plants where there is some degree of barrier system where you cannot eneter unless the sanitary procedure has been carried-out.

On my few stays in hospital (the last a few years ago admittedly), I was quite surprised to see how lax handwashing was compared to my industry.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Going back a good few years to when I left school a mate got a job in a bakery. One of the little tricks the workers used to play on each other was to gob on the dough as it was spinning so it would fly off and hit someone at high speed.

Top Bottom