It's officially Christmas!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Imagine if your birthday was on Boxing Day. Or Christmas eve. Yayyyy, looking forward to that. It's not going to be overshadowed by any other celebration is it? Imagine if it was on New Years Eve!

If you have a child born in the yuletide period LIE to them. Tell them their birthday is in March, or something. March is shoot.

classic33

Leg End Member
It ain't Christmas til Hans Gruber falls from the Nakatomi tower.

That was on telly a couple of weeks ago though!
Also on in May

classic33

Leg End Member
Imagine if your birthday was on Boxing Day. Or Christmas eve. Yayyyy, looking forward to that. It's not going to be overshadowed by any other celebration is it? Imagine if it was on New Years Eve!

If you have a child born in the yuletide period LIE to them. Tell them their birthday is in March, or something. March is shoot.
Easter this year

I sympathise with what you are saying, but your date of birth is a big part of your legal identity. Kids have to know when it is. Plus my mother, for reasons we will never know, found out when she got her birth certificate as an adult that she her official birthday was actually 11 days after the date her family celebrated it. I know this worried her.

May you could do what the Italians used to do: celebrated on the the namesake saints feast day? Of course, you really have to old school Catholic to that. And you kid has to be named after a saint who still has a feast day (they trimmed a lot of Sts in the sixties.

winjim

Smash the cistern

Nah. Christmas day itself is exceptional. Every other day of the year is just another day of the year. (Except maybe 29 February. That's quite special.)

And if your kid is born on Christmas day but celebrates it on a different date, they will have to explain it to their friends. Every year for the rest of their lives. People will get confused and think they are a year older than they are. It will become awkward.

Why March? Conception date?

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
I sympathise with what you are saying, but your date of birth is a big part of your legal identity. Kids have to know when it is. Plus my mother, for reasons we will never know, found out when she got her birth certificate as an adult that she her official birthday was actually 11 days after the date her family celebrated it. I know this worried her.

May you could do what the Italians used to do: celebrated on the the namesake saints feast day? Of course, you really have to old school Catholic to that. And you kid has to be named after a saint who still has a feast day (they trimmed a lot of Sts in the sixties.
Nah, the proddys also have name days. I have no idea what that's about.

tyred

Legendary Member
Bah Humbug!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUN40rRD4xytd2DpGWL1I7pVzu1sjrKz7qugI6_TMXfCZIEymXYg.jpg

Stephenite

Membå
Nah. Christmas day itself is exceptional. Every other day of the year is just another day of the year. (Except maybe 29 February. That's quite special.)
Nope. Imagine asking people out to celebrate your birthday in the christmas week. They would be like 'Sorry, forgot to get you anything as, well... it's xmas.' Or, 'nah, can't make it aunty Doris has got a big batch of mince pies that need scoffing'. It's crap having a birthday at xmas. So i believe.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Any decent bargains to be had?

I see Aldi advertising £7.99 Malbec, but I'm sure Laithewaites would have something at that price.
Lidl has some Gigondas for about a tenner, if you can find it. I'm trying to seek it out. I think it probably flies off the shelves within fifteen minutes of opening time.

Top Bottom