It's officially Christmas!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh yes, Warehouse Clearance Friday is coming :gun:

Stephenite

Membå
Here's a photo of this years Trafalgar Square christmas tree being felled. :smile: Oslo's mayor and some bloke from Lahndan doing the sawing.

julegran+1.jpg

My favourite local newspaper has an article.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
May you could do what the Italians used to do: celebrated on the the namesake saints feast day? Of course, you really have to old school Catholic to that. And you kid has to be named after a saint who still has a feast day (they trimmed a lot of Sts in the sixties.
So what do you do if you're called Stephen (26th December)?

classic33

Leg End Member
I too tire of the buy buy buy, but I'm putting it behind me and getting on with it.

Celebrating the birth of our Lord is the main event, the joy of giving presents and holding parties for the ones we love is part of that.

We'll be having 11 people for dinner, 10 family and one guest I dont know yet.

It's my wife's favourite event and I'm with her on that.
What make & model of cooker? And what about leftovers!

Last edited:

Freds Dad

Veteran
xmas.jpg

Only if you are a Christian is it a religious holiday, It has been the mid winter festival and celibration of the shortest day long before it was hijacked by the new testiment shouters. Agree though it is about meaningless crap these days.
It's harder to see the pagan aspects of Christmas in the southern hemisphere .

Also the Easter bunny would always hide our eggs in autumn leaves.

Reactions: TVC

Glenn

Veteran
I too tire of the buy buy buy, but I'm putting it behind me and getting on with it.

Celebrating the birth of our Lord is the main event, the joy of giving presents and holding parties for the ones we love is part of that.

We'll be having 11 people for dinner, 10 family and one guest I dont know yet.

It's my wife's favourite event and I'm with her on that.

Is that in the Hannibal sense?

Top Bottom