Its Snowing here in Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

They close it because the car park is their responsibility. They don’t want stranded motorists at the cafe / car park. There’s a lengthy access track that doesn’t get treated by council also.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
There’s a lengthy access track
I think you mean 'the road'?
The road to the site entrance is neither hilly or twisty, but is single track for most of it's length. The track up to the carpark is rough gravel so should provide pretty good grip unless it gets really bad.

dodgy

The road to the site entrance is neither hilly or twisty, but is single track for most of it's length. The track up to the carpark is rough gravel so should provide pretty good grip unless it gets really bad.

Track, road, whatever. It doesn't get treated. And I know from speaking up to Badger up there in person that people have been stranded up there and placed great strain on the business. So now they close when it snows, it's as simple as that really.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've been out for a look and there was snow on the Long Mynd. I climbed up into the cloud at the same time unfortunately so no chance of any views today.

Some pics of Shropshire's first snow of the season:

Enough to look nice but not enough to stop my little motor.

Up at Pole Bank

It was already getting slushy as I made my way back via Boiling Well.

Normally I'd be able to see where I've left the car from here.

Dropping over the other side of the hills to Ratlinghope, no snow but the autumn colours were great.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Joking aside, I do think it is for safety in the carpark. Many people just can't drive in snowy conditions, no matter how slight it is.
They close it because the car park is their responsibility. They don’t want stranded motorists at the cafe / car park. There’s a lengthy access track that doesn’t get treated by council also.
Track, road, whatever. It doesn't get treated. And I know from speaking up to Badger up there in person that people have been stranded up there and placed great strain on the business. So now they close when it snows, it's as simple as that really.
They tend to close it until they can clear the snow - someone will sue them if they fall/crash (pedestrian/driver - not bikers) :wacko:
Here's a novel idea...
You have a mountain bike... Ride there... Sorted... 👍🏼

dodgy

I only ride up there on the road bike from here in Wirral, nice distance and they do great food. Besides, trail centres as far as MTBing go, aren't my thing. Too clinical.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been out for a look and there was snow on the Long Mynd. I climbed up into the cloud at the same time unfortunately so no chance of any views today.

Some pics of Shropshire's first snow of the season:
View attachment 492329

Enough to look nice but not enough to stop my little motor.

View attachment 492330

Up at Pole Bank

View attachment 492331

It was already getting slushy as I made my way back via Boiling Well.

View attachment 492332
Normally I'd be able to see where I've left the car from here.

View attachment 492333

Dropping over the other side of the hills to Ratlinghope, no snow but the autumn colours were great.
What's the number on BM plate on the trig point?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Nooooooooooooooooooo! I've no spiked tyres yet!
I have, but the ice bike is in the spare room with a flat, awaiting some TLC since last April :whistle:
Aren't I lucky that I recently moved work to a walking distance premises? ^_^
I am actually waiting for the snow here: Mr Met Office says the temperature will drop to -2 tonight.
We already has several overnight freezes, quite a bit early in the season.
I've insulated the outside water tap today!

Top Bottom