its the logo and not the lycra that makes me look silly...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Mmm, Think I ll keep my CSC pink Giro kit in the bottom drawyer from now on then...Mind I only tend to wear it on my own and climbing mountains in the remotest parts of Wales,so not seen often :evil::biggrin:

richtea78

colinr said:
And definitely avoid polka dot jerseys if you live in Norfolk :thumbsup:

Because its flat? Or because people in Norfolk are a bit strange in general? :tongue:

martint235

Dog on a bike
richtea78 said:
Because its flat? Or because people in Norfolk are a bit strange in general? :thumbsup:

I couldn't possibly comment on the people of Norfolk but I do think the lack of horizon has had a strange effect on their behaviour!! :tongue:

I wear Livestrong shorts because they were £10 a pair in our lical NIke shop. and that is good enough for me.

Which is really the point.

A lot of the "Team" equipment is quality gear, but as the team changes for th next year the previous stuff becomes cheap.

If you are buying on a budget then I see nothing wrong with last year's team kit.

JNR

Cunobelin said:
I wear Livestrong shorts because they were £10 a pair in our lical NIke shop. and that is good enough for me.

Which is really the point.

A lot of the "Team" equipment is quality gear, but as the team changes for th next year the previous stuff becomes cheap.

If you are buying on a budget then I see nothing wrong with last year's team kit.

I've got a Team Sky coloured Pinarello after going to the shop and finding no black and red ones (...deep down I wanted that colour anyway :tongue:). It's bad enough as it is going out on it, knowing that on the flat, up hills and down hills I have to be fast to justify it and avoid being overtaken. Imagine wearing a Team Sky jersey at the same time!??!

tiswas-steve

Über Member
I also think the full team look on the road does look a bit too much, as regarding lycra its gotta be the most comfortable way to ride in my honest opinion.
Anyways, Ive got a thing about riding in 60,s and earier retro team jerseys at the moment, its got that smart cycling look going on but they dont scream out " LOOK AT MEEEEEE !! " :tongue:

martint235

Dog on a bike
JNR said:
I've got a Team Sky coloured Pinarello after going to the shop and finding no black and red ones (...deep down I wanted that colour anyway :tongue:). It's bad enough as it is going out on it, knowing that on the flat, up hills and down hills I have to be fast to justify it and avoid being overtaken. Imagine wearing a Team Sky jersey at the same time!??!

Hey I'll happily swap you for my plain Giant, no one will mistake my bike for a Rabobank one so you'll be sorted!:thumbsup:

abbie

mickle said:
I did some work for Casualty (the TV drama) wardrobe dept a few years ago. The storyline was that one of a group of elderly riders had taken ill during a charidee ride. I managed to wangle one of the jerseys, featuring the name of the cycling club to which the characters belonged; Barnham Wheelers.

It's hard to explain the pleasure one derives from wearing the shirt of an imaginary cycling club which existed for just 45 mins on a long forgotten episode of a crappy soap opera.

That is seriously cool :laugh:

Willo

Each to their own is what I say. I shy away from gear that's too flash and would rather be understated to reflect my modest pace! However, as with everything, who's to judge others on what they wear (even more so in terms of supporting a charity or not). Regardless of speed, if you're comfortable in whatever, then wear it. If wearing some team kit inspires you to go out and get fit, then that's purpose enough if it's your thing.

For me at the moment it's practicality over image - a decent pair of Sidi shoes that are really comfy, decent padded shorts to protect the backside, with Lidl's finest (and cheap!) cycling attire on top.

Re the lycra issue, it's deffo more comfortable to ride in but, for me, less comfortable to be seen in with my skinny, hairy legs. To that end, it's baggies with a liner for commuting and lycra at the weekends:blush:

cyberknight said:
Aldi tops for me with lidl shoes, i do not care what i look like as long as it works.

+1 for the Aldi tops ... i bought a few of the blue ones the last time they had the cycling kit on special, and i also bought some of Lidl's shoes although these are still under the bed in the box but i could'nt resist the bargain price of £17.99 ... i suppose my Endura Humvee's are my most extravagant purcahase in the clothing department

Simon

Top Bottom