its winter people!, what are you wearing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
From top:

Uvex FP1 white/green helmet.
De Marchi base layer (I like these :biggrin: )
Shimano Nalini s/s jersey. Not pink, since that was in the wash.
A pair of arm warmers
Sealskinz full-length gloves
Aldi long tights, 'cos I couldn't find my Giordana leg warmers. Why? The youngest had tied his wardrobe shut with them :ohmy:
Pearl Izumi cycle shorts (I like these too)
The same socks I wore to church this morning
Trainers, since I'm not getting cleats and shoes until Christmas.

And a Cannondale yellow windproof in case it got cold in them there hills. The only cold thing I had was an ice cream at Charlotte's in Whitley.

Its not winter yet

I am wearing my Aldi softshell a little early and this year I am mostly wearling overshoes to keep my feet dry

But its not winter yet...

D

Deleted member 1258

Tomorrows commute, steel toe capped boots, work trousers, polo shirt and a cycle jacket, last week I was also wearing some thin woollen gloves, as the temperature drops I will start wearing a sweatshirt and a woollen hat, when it drops below freezing I will change the thin gloves for a pair of thermal woollen gloves.
On last Sundays forum ride I was wearing cycle shoes, Altura summer cruiser tights and a short sleeved summer jersey with a cycle jacket over the top, I started wearing thin woollen gloves, but they went in my pocket when the day started to warm up. As the temperature drops the summer cruisers will be swapped for winter cruisers, I will add overshoes, woollen hat and a sweatshirt, when it gets very cold I will start wearing long johns under the tights and swap the thin woollen gloves for thermal woollen gloves.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Out riding yesterday...
3/4 bibs (summer weight)
Sleeveless baselayer
Merino longsleeved
Club Jersey
Full finger gloves
helmet
shades

The merino & gloves came off/went back on/came off several times...we were riding through sun/then dark shade, sun, lots of stopping & starting as out with the juniors doing MTB skills on The Downs.

DonnyDarko

Damn it - this made me think of something else I'll need to do. Gonna have to take what I wear for work in a bag or leave it at work or something as I'm not prepared to cycle in my work clothes.

I've got some breathable t's I use for skiing, do you think they'd be okay to cycle in? Gonna have to get some bottoms of some sort though. Don't think I'd pull off the hairy-legs-in-shorts look though.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Damn it - this made me think of something else I'll need to do. Gonna have to take what I wear for work in a bag or leave it at work or something as I'm not prepared to cycle in my work clothes.

I've got some breathable t's I use for skiing, do you think they'd be okay to cycle in? Gonna have to get some bottoms of some sort though. Don't think I'd pull off the hairy-legs-in-shorts look though.

I've got 2 suits and a pair of shoes left at work and bring in a shirt/tie plus underwear in a rucksack. That seems to work.

The breathable T's will be fine - I use several from the Mountain Warehouse shop.

Hip Priest

Veteran

How far are you commuting? I commute 4.5 miles each way, which is easy, but not easy enough to stop me sweating. I wear shorts, t-shirt and coat (if its cold). I keep my shoes in work, and carry trousers, shirt and socks in a backpack.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Today:

Cap
Short sleeve top
bib shorts
cotton socks
shoes
mitts on hands.

It's nothing like winter yet.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Todays commute at 6 am ..

SS jersey
shorts
arm warmers
socks
shoes
armbands
sam browne belt
helmet
glasses
thin full finger gloves

In the pannier i had a windproof and some leggings.

Return trip at 4.30 pm ...

SS jersey
shorts
arm warmers
socks
shoes
helmet
glasses
thin full finger gloves

Yesterdasy club run

Bib shorts
ss jersey (waiting on club jersey )
socks
shoes
helmet
glasses
thin full finger gloves
Took a gilet but by 10 am i had stored that in the back pocket.

It is not cold yet ! roll on real winter when it gets below -10 again then we can call it winter :smile:

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Jessie.JPG

"This Winter I am be mostly wearing Aldi Winter Riding Kit!" :thumbsup:

baldycyclist

Über Member
I actually have a wardrobe made out of some office furniture at work.
Put in a bar to act as a rail.
Whenever I drive I take in as much as possible.
Sometimes when I ride I just pack a shirt and some socks and undies as I have four or five suits and shoe sets at work!
Showing off I know!

twozeronine

Helly Hansen base layer / Campag arm warmers (depending on how cold it is)
Mavic jersey
Perl Izumi fingerless gloves / Endura winter gloves (depending on how cold it is)
Campag thermal bib tights
Perl Izumi socks
Mavic shoes

Edit: forgot the high-viz vest

smile.gif

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I'm totally new to this. So I have kit to build up on over time. I'm used to the elements as I normally ride a motorbike so know the importance of the right gear.
Is the Aldi stuff any good? Might pop in to see.
Matt

Top Bottom