its winter people!, what are you wearing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadrunner20

Just wondering what people are wearing while they bike .

Il start.

helmet
T-Shirt(no really i was.....untill yesterday when i got myself a Endura jersey)
Endura Singletrack shorts(da best,though i need a upgraded pad insert for them, suggestions?)
Gore leg warmers,(got these after having purple legs for too long last year, they seem to work though need some DIY cutting to remove iching)

Seal skinz, thermal socks.
SPD shoes.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Just bought some Sealskinz lobster claw gloves today. When my mate was with me yesterday looking at them, he commented "Isn't that a bit unethical?" LOOL!

leemo

Commuter
At the moment.

Trainers and cotton socks. I have one pair of sealskin socks for when it raining. And one pair of woolen ones for when it's freezing

Lycra shorts with some full length running bottoms on top.

Two nylon long sleeve running tops ( i used to run and i think they are similar to cycling tops)and a high viz. Helmet.

If rain is likely then just one long sleeve and my dhb wickham jacket made out of this eVent material which is very good.

Also have a headband ear warmer thing by Gore for when it's a little colder.

Oh nearly forgot: some five year old lined leather gloves I got from M&S - still going strong!

gbb

Legendary Member
I hate the cold, so even at the moment while it's mild, i tend to overdress and quickly get too hot..

Today, temps around 13 degrees i guess, tee shirt and Endura windstopper jacket...which was unzipped after a short while to let some cool air in.

There is an important point for me overdressing, i get a fearful bad back and can't stand any cool air on it, so i do tend to wrap up, but quickly regret it. But if i dont wrap up, my back will very quickly let me know. Between a rock and a hard place...:wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
from the top down

Baseball cap
Buff Pirate stylee
Base layer vest (if very cold)
Long sleeve jersey
Altura Night Vision jacket
Long fingered gloves
Baggies
Knee Warmers
Sealskinz Socks.

That get's me through the coldest of London winters.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Just bought some Sealskinz lobster claw gloves today. When my mate was with me yesterday looking at them, he commented "Isn't that a bit unethical?" LOOL!

A rip in the space time continuum?
back-22915673978_xlarge.jpeg

Oh wait i see, you looked yesterday, bought today?
Don't worry, the space time continuum is fine *wipes brow*

_______

Full winter is as such
skulcap
buff around the neck and chin
long sleeved merino wool base layer
short sleeved base layer
short sleeved jersey
wind proof jacket
lobster gloves
padded cycling shorts
unpadded cycling leggings
over shoes.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Its not winter!
Today's ride wearing helmet, rapha cap, merino t-shirt, pertex shell top, altura shorts with ronhill tracksters on top, sealskinz socks and trainers.
More than warm enough.

snorri

Legendary Member
Today I was up in the hills(on road) and was wearing my woolly Thinsulate hat, all the rest was Marks and Spencer stuff, shirt, vest, V neck jersey, 'Fair Trade' trousers (Made in India I see)underpants, socks and brown shoes. Also Lidl gloves and a Goretex hooded jacket. Comfortable on the bike and mingled unobtrusively in the pub for a meal afterwards!

Hip Priest

Veteran
Today:

Full finger gloves
Two pairs of socks
Aldi cycling shoes
Cycling shorts
T-shirt
Jersey
Madison waterproof winter jacket

The last item on this list was a BIG mistake.

400bhp

Guru
Tomorrow (at moment temp looking like 12 deg in the morning so not particularly cold):

Helmet
Fingerless gloves with thin pair of running gloves underneath
base layer
Altura reflex long sleeve jersey
cycle shorts
running longs
socks
shoes

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Saturday lycra shorts and short sleeve top with arm warmers. took the arm warmers of at about 9-30 am, road bike
Sunday t shirt track suit bottoms, mtb

Weathers lovely down this way,

Top Bottom