ITV hub not working on Panasonic smart TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Anyone else suffering this problem?
The ITV hub has always worked previously, but a few days ago we just got a message to say it is no longer connected and now just doesnt work. It just directs us to the web site which helpfully tells us we can watch it via out phones or tablet.

D

Deleted member 1258

Its working on my desktop, I haven't tried it on the TV yet, I've got a streaming stick attached to the TV.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I don't have a Panasonic smart TV, but I do have a Panasonic Freeview box. Every now and then the catch up is disabled because it loses the internet connection with the wifi router, although it says it is connected. I have to reset the router when this happens. It seems to happen if I don't watch catchup for a week or so.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have a Panasonic and it works on mine but not for channel 4. It keeps asking me for a password for that and I have no clue what it is.

keithmac

Guru
I have a Panasonic and it works on mine but not for channel 4. It keeps asking me for a password for that and I have no clue what it is.

You have to registwr for 4OD now I believe, had to do it last year tp watch F1 when my Tivo refused to play it.

BBC i Player is also problematic for some. Problem with Apps throught TV is you're reliant on the TV manufacturer to keep them updated.

Viking

It is becoming more of a common problem. The BBC IPlayer is no longer available for some Sony and Samsung teles of about 5+ years old (Radio 4 had a feature about this a few days ago) and the Eurosport “app” disappeared from my Panasonic a while ago. As mentioned above, it is too much hassle to support all of the different standards and interfaces. Ironically, the intelligence is moving from the teles to the media players e.g. Apple TV and the like and the smart teles are becoming more like dumb monitors.

keithmac

Guru
I have a Minix Neo U1, any Android app can be used with it (rather than TV specific).

Top Bottom