ITV in with new Cycling Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Really liked it tonight.

BTW did anyone see Gaz (39 stone cyclist) on there tonight. Did a good job showing how anyone can benefit from cycling :becool:

dalewheeler

Yeah that was a good bit.
Better than the "bike service" article, which IMHO should have done more to explain HOW to clean/lube/check bits instead of replacing with new

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It's a truly dreadful piece of television, a good idea badly executed. Presenters that have the personality of a carrier bag, no content of any note and irritatingly filmed, and they really need to get rid of that scruffy blond bint, she doesn't even know how to speak!

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
It's a truly dreadful piece of television, a good idea badly executed. Presenters that have the personality of a carrier bag, no content of any note and irritatingly filmed, and they really need to get rid of that scruffy blond bint, she doesn't even know how to speak!
The presenter issue is probably down to limited budget.

Sandra6

Veteran
Well done to Gaz. Good interview.
Maybe they need to make it a weekly thing were they interview one member of this forum every episode?!

Crankarm

Guru

Don't hold back.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

Why can't guys on here who think it could be done so much better get together to do a show and broadcast it on Youtube?

Because most of them have absolutely no idea just how much it costs to produce an hour of television. A two-man HD crew with kit will cost you around £1,000 per ten-hour day, plus expenses, and that doesn't include hotel bills, paying the director, edit time, grading, etc. And in a day you can typically shoot enough footage for a five-minute VT.

Good television isn't cheap.

Lee_M

Guru
Why can't guys on here who think it could be done so much better get together to do a show and broadcast it on Youtube?

tere's an old saying

"easier to be a critic than an artist"

nuff said

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Just because someone thinks it's a bad show, one shouldn't automatically jump to the 'well if you think you could do it better...' stance.

I think a lot of the comments are constructive and besides, how expensive it is shouldn't be an excuse for how poor it is.

Lee_M

Guru
Just because someone thinks it's a bad show, one shouldn't automatically jump to the 'well if you think you could do it better...' stance.

I think a lot of the comments are constructive and besides, how expensive it is shouldn't be an excuse for how poor it is.

Have you watched breakfast TV lately? costs a fortune - complete tripe

the cycle show is orders of magnitude better than that Lorraine Kelly woman

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The presenter issue is probably down to limited budget.

Limited budget! I should say so. I know people who could present better than that, who would do it free of charge so that could have a show reel.

But the content of the programme is so lame. What was that nonsense all about the bike being serviced? And that bit at the end when the twp guests race each other on the static bike is armpit itching embarrassing.

The main presenter, whilst pleasant enought has no edge to him, I feel like he's been given the questions to ask, or has done very little research on the guests he's interviewing.

It's a shocking bit of telly, and if it gets another series I'll eat an inner tube.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member

You make a good point. The fact of the matter is, they probably can't, but then neither can the so called professionals. It took them two years to get the show off the ground and get the the finance for it, and look what a bolognaise they've made of it.

Why on earth anyone would want to make a show and put it on YouTube, Gadd only knows! No one would watch it anyway.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Because most of them have absolutely no idea just how much it costs to produce an hour of television. A two-man HD crew with kit will cost you around £1,000 per ten-hour day, plus expenses, and that doesn't include hotel bills, paying the director, edit time, grading, etc. And in a day you can typically shoot enough footage for a five-minute VT.

Good television isn't cheap.

I beleive it costs in the region of 50 to 100 k per episode to make a magazine programme of any quality. I expect The Cycle Show had £15. 6s. 3d per programme.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
the cycle show is orders of magnitude better than that Lorraine Kelly woman

At least she looks like she's had a bath in the last two weeks, combed her hair and knows how to talk to camera without sounding like an East Kent tart.

Top Bottom