ITV in with new Cycling Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peowpeowpeowlasers

I know a couple of people who work in TV and they are both self centred blinkered arrogant sh1ts like you appear to be. Sorry but I have to say this as you come across as a very unpleasant person. I bet you don't like successful low budget TV whether filmed on an iphone or what ever, as it shows your ilk for being expensive rip off merchants. Movies I can understand as needing a big budget but a simple cycling programme, no.

Why don't you go and build a house or something? After all, it's only bricks and wood! It must be easy, why do builders charge so much! And if I hurt myself I can always operate on my own body, why pay one of those ripoff doctors, anyone can hold a sewing needle!

Crosstrailer

Having read this thread I didn't really know what to expect, but after watching a couple of episodes on ITV player it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Saying that, it isn't great either.

Worst parts for me have to be the ridiculousness of brand names being pixellated out or taped over, lack of product reviews and Anna Glowinski. Listening to her immodestly talking about her riding style and skills in my ignorance I assumed she was a professional rider until I googled her - clothes designer who has ridden in a couple of amateur races. Far too 'jolly hockey sticks' for my tastes but then again no doubt some people think she is great.

ITV have to be applauded for giving us some cycling content thought don't they, Vuelta,TDF, TOB etc and this show. Lets hope they decide to throw some money at it and listen to the criticisms if it is brought back for another series.

PS I agree a similar show could be shot by amateurs with high street equipment, but it would be nowhere near the production quality of this show. I would give any effort a watch on Youtube

DeepBurn

Über Member
I quite like the programme since it went to an hour long.

It's far from perfect but in the 6 episode run so far it has already improved.

More product reviews would be nice, especially for someone like me who is fairly new to cycling and wants to gain knowledge.

But overall I enjoy it.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Ten minutes in and I'm falling asleep tonight. Great subject and interviewee made dull by dull presenters. Hope the promised bike reviews are up to scratch!

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Bike review was good! Finally! Pity it fell short at the end, no points or overall winner! Shame!

Will it be back? Hope so as long as it continues to improve!

Rykard

Veteran
haven't seen it yet, but assuming there are watching threads like this , it probably takes a few weeks to get reviews and group tests organised..

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
These type of bike reviews are what I have been waiting for the whole series........
It will be fascinating to see whether there's more of this - it was for a fairly limited audience and used a much more technical vocabulary. Personally I found it much more engaging even though the bikes were well outside my purchasing power. But perhaps others found it all a bit serious, pricey and geeky.

Norm

And they have even managed to get out of London, even if it did take the ToB to drag them out.
Worst parts for me have to be... <snip> and Anna Glowinski. <snip> but then again no doubt some people think she is great.
You'd think so, wouldn't you, but it appears that they are all still in hiding.

martint235

Dog on a bike
And they have even managed to get out of London, even if it did take the ToB to drag them out.

You'd think so, wouldn't you, but it appears that they are all still in hiding.
Ok I'll stick my head up. I quite like her although she wasn't at her best this week. I thought the episode where she raced down l'Alpe was good.

Norm

Ok I'll stick my head up. I quite like her although she wasn't at her best this week. I thought the episode where she raced down l'Alpe was good.
It's entirely possible that she has just been given poor segments to present... but I'm unconvinced. The piece on BMX 'skills' was a stand-out moment, even for her, plucking nothing of use out of what could have been something entertaining and informative.

Top Bottom