Ive broken my saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steppylud

Über Member
Afternoon.

Had a bit of a weird one today, was riding along and noticed that my saddle was feeling "a bit weird". Pulled over to the side of the road and the saddle had somehow managed to come off the rails. It took an hour of abuse and basically breaking the saddle to get it to sit on the rails without falling off. Managed to ride home but I appreciate that I now need to replace it.

Attached is a stock photo of the saddle, and I have found it fairly comfortable so I am now looking for something similar. Does anyone have any recommendations? Was looking at the Specialized Romin Evo, but at £100 it seems a bit pricy.

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Specialized/Romin-Evo-Expert-Gel-Saddle-2016/8KNJ?s=1

Current saddle is 140mm wide according to my dodgy measurements.

Attachments

• saddle.jpg
    saddle.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 71

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I would check and see if you can get a warranty replacement. Email a pic to the manufacturer/retailer.

Only advice i have is to not turn your nose up at cheap replacements. In my experience, if you are not after flash brand bragging points or gram shaving cheap saddles can be just as good as expensive ones. You need to find the right one for your bum of course, but that also applies to expensive ones.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I have a romin evo comp ive never used if you want to make me an offer . 143mm .

Last edited:
Top Bottom