I've got a ganglion (I think)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've had a pain on the inside of my wrist just below the thumb of my left hand for a few weeks now. Today I fitted new tyres, Schwalbe Marathon, and this evening I noticed a lump on my wrist. It feels bruised. After a bit of research it looks like I may have a Volar Wrist Ganglion. It looks very much like this (Photo from web site).
picture2.jpg

Anyone else had one and do they last long
wacko.gif

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had one on my wrist some years back.

You know the old wives tale of whacking it with a bible?

Me I whacked my wrist down on the kitchen top. Pop. Stung a bit. :thumbsup:

Had to re-do it a couple of times as it came back, but then went. Never come back.

They don't always go down as it's caused by inflammation of the sheath that surrounds the tendons, and you get excess fluid. Docs will probably say leave. Whacking it does work.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I had one on my wrist some years back.

You know the old wives tale of whacking it with a bible?

Me I whacked my wrist down on the kitchen top. Pop. Stung a bit. :thumbsup:

Had to re-do it a couple of times as it came back, but then went. Never come back.

They don't always go down as it's caused by inflammation of the sheath that surrounds the tendons, and you get excess fluid. Docs will probably say leave. Whacking it does work.

This is a sure way to break your wrist. My advice would be to visit your GP.

ThePainInSpain

Could be a Lipoma. That is like a cyst, it's a ball of fatty tissue. I had one on my leg for a couple of years, but had it removed last year. Local anesthetic and a 15 min op.

If you can sort of move the inside of it around, then it's probably a Lipoma.

IMGP0894.jpg
">

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
When I first changed to drop bars my set up was very poor I ended up with what I suspect was a ganglion. After changing the position of my bars it more or less went away, but can still see a bit of a bump there 8 years on. If in doubt - off to the docs!

It's a very common place for a ganglion - so mine came differently, between the knuckles of my middle and fourth finger. :whistle:

Go and see your GP - if it is a ganglion, there are less painful ways of getting rid of them than by whacking them with a Bible! :tongue: Mine got bigger, and bigger, and bigger ...... and then smaller, and smaller, and it's now almost disappeared.

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
It was a ganglion. I say was as I whacked it on the door frame the other day and it went :wacko:.

Carol C

I had one many years ago and went to the Dr's with it; he promptly whacked it with a book - no more Ganglion! Not sure Dr's would be allowed to do that these days though, but it does work

screenman

Legendary Member
I went to the doctors with one on my ankle, as is my norm I did not listen properly and ended up telling people I had gangrene

pshore

I've had a pain on the inside of my wrist just below the thumb of my left hand for a few weeks now. Today I fitted new tyres, Schwalbe Marathon, and this evening I noticed a lump on my wrist. It feels bruised. After a bit of research it looks like I may have a Volar Wrist Ganglion. It looks very much like this (Photo from web site).

Anyone else had one and do they last long :wacko:.

I had one on the other side of my wrist. It came a went a few times. The doctor tried to pop it without warning me the idiot, then the last time it popped as I fell off a sledge.

For me it was all tendonitis/rsi related due to using a mouse wheel too much. I still suffer a little today. Take care to rest it if you are doing anything repetitive, it could be a warning sign.

Top Bottom