I've gotten really uncomfortable on my bike and I don't know why

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been making small changes to my bike fit so that I'm more comfortable while riding. I'd finally cracked it... or so I thought.

Over the past few rides, I've been getting really uncomfortable while cycling. I thought it was down to my new shorts being too small and the padding being pressed too tightly against me so I reverted back to my old shorts, still the same. I've tried different saddle angles but I can't get it right. I have to adjust my shorts literally every 30 seconds.

What happened? I thought my bike fit was perfect, now I can't ride for 30 seconds without getting sore! :cursing:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Are you using chamois cream or similar?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I can now confirm that I have not grown at all!
Are you sure? Get somebody to measure you instead of doing it yourself, it's more accurate.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Have you got the saddle too high?
This will cause a side to side rubbing action.
Bit of a personal one but never wear underwear!

I've tried various saddle heights. I put a strip of tape around the seatpost and I've moved the saddle above the line and below it with no positive results. I also never wear underwear (while wearing cycling shorts :whistle:)

Are you sure? Get somebody to measure you instead of doing it yourself, it's more accurate.

I got someone to measure me, I'm exactly 5 foot 5 (I wish I was taller) :cry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You've got yourself the beginning of a saddle sore and you keep riding on it without giving it a chance to heal ...? :whistle:

(I had the same problem myself. I had my saddle position slightly wrong so I was sitting too far forwards on it. That bit being too narrow for my sit bones caused it to go and bother bits that didn't want to be bothered by wayward saddles! :wacko:)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

If not sure about the Spoon i have Ritchey Comp saddle not being used if you want to try out a flatter style saddle...

Ooh, that might be worth a try. I would like to try out a flatter saddle. I've been getting along with the Spoon for a few months now but I'm not sure I like the shape of it. How much would it be to post it?

You've got yourself the beginning of a saddle sore and you keep riding on it without giving it a chance to heal ...? :whistle:

(I had the same problem myself. I had my saddle position slightly wrong so I was sitting too far forwards on it. That bit being too narrow for my sit bones caused it to go and bother bits that didn't want to be bothered by wayward saddles! :wacko:)

Haven't been out on the bike much because of this. Did one long ride on Saturday that I *just* managed to survive but haven't done more than 15 miles this week, mainly just short trips to the shop etc.

Have you dramatically increased your millage without giving your body time to adapt.
Nope. I did a long ride on Saturday but the pain started before then and has continued after.

Top Bottom