I've gotten really uncomfortable on my bike and I don't know why

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I'll reluctantly think about it :dry:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'll reluctantly think about it :dry:
What does your mum say..?

Do you really want a serious infection down there that may require lancing, surgery, amputation, worse ;)

Don't be embarrassed - I am sure the doctor will have seen much worse ...

Everyone here has given you as much advice as they can as cyclists - now you really NEED a medical professional if it's not getting better

What's the worst that can happen?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Can't believe that this issue is still here after so long. Yes, I have been to the doctor! They prescibed me anti-fungal cream while sadly has not helped, I've got another appointment booked for next week.

I don't know what to do. I can't cycle any more because it's so bad, could barely do two miles today :sad:

Cyclist33

ease off, change your shorts, get a different saddle, or a different ride, maybe yoyre growing out of the triban.

maybe you need a softer bike or wheels or something. dont be ashamed to spec up a ride that works for you !

stu

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

ease off, change your shorts, get a different saddle, or a different ride, maybe yoyre growing out of the triban.

maybe you need a softer bike or wheels or something. dont be ashamed to spec up a ride that works for you !

stu

I've taken breaks from the bike, tried four different saddles, tried different tyre pressures and different shorts but nothing has worked. The only other thing that I can think of is trying a different bike!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've taken breaks from the bike, tried four different saddles, tried different tyre pressures and different shorts but nothing has worked. The only other thing that I can think of is trying a different bike!
Jaz, I had real problems with chafing and wasted an absolute fortune trying different saddles.

Finally found this one which seems to be by far the best so far........and ironically, also the cheapest!

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/passport-navigator-saddle-prod23602/

AndyRM

XOXO
First up, good lad for going to the doctor. I know how embarrassing it can be.

Secondly, I really hope you find a solution to the problem! It sounds incredibly frustrating.

If it is a skin issue, it may be worth asking a dermatologist what they recommend. If muscular, a physio may be able to help? May be worth asking your LBS to have a look at your position as well, if you haven't done so already.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Can't believe that this issue is still here after so long. Yes, I have been to the doctor! They prescibed me anti-fungal cream while sadly has not helped, I've got another appointment booked for next week.

I don't know what to do. I can't cycle any more because it's so bad, could barely do two miles today :sad:

What bike do you have and what size is it?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Where is the problem and what sort of skin issue is it. I've been suffering a bad patch of chaffed skin on my inner right thigh right next to the plumbs. Its not getting much better despite cream but the cause is problem bollox after having the snip. They swell up terrible. Waiting for hospital appointment.

The docs is the best place for minor skin irritation. You may need hydrocortisone cream which you can get from the chemist.

zizou

Veteran
I recently read a thread on another forum about a guy who was having similar issues and after some tests etc turned out it was an allergy to one of the ingredients in the moist baby wipe sort of toilet paper. If you use that could trying changing or maybe worth changing type of powder used for washing your shorts just to see if something is being an irritant

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have no medical knowledge ... this is just going on experience. When my kids were little and got sore bottoms in that area they were prescribed various things that didn't work very quickly etc. Change of doc and the next child got an infection and this doc instead told me to use Calendula cream instead of sudacrem. And it healed really quickly ... and I was a convert. I still use it to this day when I get sore skin for some reason. It won't remain as a sticky layer on the skin but seems to help my skin to heal.

Top Bottom