I've gotten really uncomfortable on my bike and I don't know why

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
If you have a look at pics of the pro riders, their legs always seem (to me at any rate ! :laugh:) to be a lot more bent than I would consider to be 'right'. Given that they get all the tech fitting etc, I would say your saddle is still too high.
  • your left ankle is still slightly toe-down, rather than horizontal
  • the knee joint angle looks to greater than 145* (which is, after all, only just over half way from right angle to completely straight :thumbsup:)
I prefer being a bit lower and nudging up if front of knees complain rather than being a bit too high to start with.
YMMV ^_^

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Still no luck, I'm having to move about on the saddle every 10 seconds or so to stay 'comfortable' (and I'm still uncomfortable :wacko:). I've moved my saddle down even further but I have to compromise since my right leg is longer than my left leg, I can drop my right heel while my left heel can only stay pointed downwards.

lejogger

Guru
Still no luck, I'm having to move about on the saddle every 10 seconds or so to stay 'comfortable' (and I'm still uncomfortable :wacko:). I've moved my saddle down even further but I have to compromise since my right leg is longer than my left leg, I can drop my right heel while my left heel can only stay pointed downwards.
When you say you're 'moving about on the saddle' can you be more descriptive. Are you finding yourself generally moving forwards or backwards, or just anywhere to move pressure to a different area?
Is it uncomfortable or is it painful? Is it the pain/uncomfortableness on your sit bones or on the undercarriage? Or elsewhere?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I went out for the first time in over a week, it was okay. I was fine for a few miles but after that, things started getting pretty sore so I stopped. I'm going to go into my LBS tomorrow and ask them if they can loan me a few saddles to try out so hopefully I can find one which fits me.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I went out for the first time in over a week, it was okay. I was fine for a few miles but after that, things started getting pretty sore so I stopped. I'm going to go into my LBS tomorrow and ask them if they can loan me a few saddles to try out so hopefully I can find one which fits me.

Kind of going through the same thing myself just now :sad: Blaming trying to get the hours in for the Strava challenge. I already have a few different saddles and it doesn't seem to be making much difference which one I use. Making riding a bit miserable as I waste time and energy stopping pedaling and standing up or wriggling around every couple of minutes it gets so sore. Lost a few more pounds too so not much padding. Honestly feels like sitting on a brick!

AndyRM

XOXO
Without meaning to be harsh or cause offense, FFS man give yourself a break from cycling and go to the doctor!

It may be embarrassing, but they've seen it all, and worse, before. If you've got any damage to skin or muscle or whatever down there, you'll only be aggravating it, making it worse and potentially doing longer term damage. I've got a knackered shoulder from attempting to ride in anger too soon after my accident, meaning an even longer time off the bike than originally anticipated. Fully appreciate how frustrating it is by the way. My legs feel constantly itchy!

Even if your LBS hooks you up with a saddle that you think sorts the problem, it may still be worse getting yourself checked out.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I've concluded that my current saddle is too thin therefor putting pressure in all of the wrong places, I'm now looking for a wider saddle - anyone have any suggestions?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've concluded that my current saddle is too thin therefor putting pressure in all of the wrong places, I'm now looking for a wider saddle - anyone have any suggestions?
You've been to the Doctor's yet?

vickster

Legendary Member

Well assuming you have been to the doctor as suggested (if not we'll tell your mum)...is there a Specialized BG fit place near you where you have your sit bones measured? And they will sell you the right size saddle (or you can pick one up on fleabay)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I just really really don't want to go to the doctor :blush:

Top Bottom