I've gotten really uncomfortable on my bike and I don't know why

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Another vote for Sudocrem.

It is amazing stuff.

Healing cream, they call it, and that's the best description for me and for the kids who have all had it applied to nappy rash from time to time.

Billy Adam

Are you bouncing on the saddle? To low a gear. Cadence and all that stuff. ( listen to me, as if I know what I'm talking about)

musa

Über Member
When last did you mickle your...... :rolleyes:

Oops. Ahh wrong

Do you shave by any chance? As mentioned sudocrem and a few days off the bike

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I'm taking a few days off of the bike despite the weather being amazing and I'm applying Sudocreme so I'll see how I feel on Saturday. :dry:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
When you start riding again, sudocream first...then as much Vaseline as you can handle and don't forget the crack and behind the foreskin (sorry girls).

Whilst sudocream is good at anti septic - ting it's not a very good lube, it kinda turns into a sweaty gooey mess when used on its own whilst riding.

zizou

Veteran
Vaseline can be pretty messy and harder to clean off your kit than chamois cream - I would avoid it particularly if you wear light coloured cycling shorts as it can stain them.

Tub of chamois cream is about £10 or so - it is a bit more expensive than sudocreme and vaseline but a tub will last months so the cost per use is not alot.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Daft question, but have you changed shoes at all?

Nope.

Do I really need vaseline/chamois cream? I've been cycling for months now and all of my rides including ones of 50+ miles were done without any creams.

musa

Über Member
Nope.

Do I really need vaseline/chamois cream? I've been cycling for months now and all of my rides including ones of 50+ miles were done without any creams.
In short, no

sudocrem is just as capable of doing the job....that and a few days off the bike to allow the healing process
*well that works for me

vickster

Legendary Member
Nope.

Warmer weather, more sweating, more chafing? Sudocreme - if it's good enough for sore babies bottoms...

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Not IMO, all my rides have bean done without cream.

Got to agree with you here, I tried some cream the other day and it was actually more uncomfortable than without it. I don't like being sticky down there!

squeeze321

Regular
I once overheard a conversation between two cyclists whilst we were waiting at the red traffic lights, they were more than happy to wait for the lights to stay on red as their backsides were killing them and I was wondering if anyone had tried using vaseline on their behinds as it may stop the 'friction' ?

Now I am no expert, especially with sensitive matters such as this and I have personally never tried vaseline, caution may have to be exercised as it may cause 'behinds to slip off saddles' and that is no good for anyone's health and well being.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I once overheard a conversation between two cyclists whilst we were waiting at the red traffic lights, they were more than happy to wait for the lights to stay on red as their backsides were killing them and I was wondering if anyone had tried using vaseline on their behinds as it may stop the 'friction' ?

Now I am no expert, especially with sensitive matters such as this and I have personally never tried vaseline, caution may have to be exercised as it may cause 'behinds to slip off saddles' and that is no good for anyone's health and well being.

You put it on your arse not the saddle! Why would it cause you to slip?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I can confirm that I do in fact have a saddle sore :sad: It's very very painful.

Top Bottom