I've had a brainwave!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I was on the train when it happened. I stood up, shouted "Holy shoot!" and punched myself in the head! Several people moved seats ...

*ahem*

Seriously now, do you remember back in the '80s you could get those navy blue tracksuits with stirrup trousers and white piping down the side?

They were not at all baggy and if they still made them they would be perfect for winter cycling (ironically, when I was I kid I *hated* wearing them! Lol!).

Anway, I couldn't find them for love or money, it seems they don't make them anymore. I don't like Ronhill bikesterss because they're a little too skin-tight for my liking, and the lycra trousers definitely look like gaylord attire.

Anyway, I thought about gymnastics and the trousers that those guys wear .. they would be perfect! And here we are: http://www.dancemania.biz/mens-gymnastic-stirrups-z120.html

About as close as I'm going to get to '80s stirrup tracksuit bottoms. Brainwave or what? Aye! ;)

Noodley

There is a reason they are made for gymnastics and a reason that cycling clothes are made for cycling.....;)

buddha

Veteran
Just realised I need a new pair and found them a bit cheaper clicky. Though they show the wrong pic, but correct description.

Crankarm

Guru
XmisterIS said:
I was on the train when it happened. I stood up, shouted "Holy shoot!" and punched myself in the head! Several people moved seats ...

*ahem*

Seriously now, do you remember back in the '80s you could get those navy blue tracksuits with stirrup trousers and white piping down the side?

They were not at all baggy and if they still made them they would be perfect for winter cycling (ironically, when I was I kid I *hated* wearing them! Lol!).

Anway, I couldn't find them for love or money, it seems they don't make them anymore. I don't like Ronhill bikesterss because they're a little too skin-tight for my liking, and the lycra trousers definitely look like gaylord attire.

Anyway, I thought about gymnastics and the trousers that those guys wear .. they would be perfect! And here we are: http://www.dancemania.biz/mens-gymnastic-stirrups-z120.html

About as close as I'm going to get to '80s stirrup tracksuit bottoms. Brainwave or what? Aye! :biggrin:

Didn't the Scousers in the Fast Show wear such tracky bottoms?

Top Bottom