Iv'e just bought a speedy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Theres one on eBay? Where?

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Night Train said:
Well done.

I had a quick panic as I am watching one on Ebay, don't know if I will be able to afford it though. Do you need a lift with it?
Do I need a lift?? What from Bris to York? It'll go in or on the Corrado or I'm a Mothers Uncle. Chainset out the sunroof! Thankyou for offering though Nighty!

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
The Speedy is in the dining room.

What's a bit queer though, much as I love the Windcheetah SL as a glorious machine I feel absolutely no desire to sit and stare at it. I can sit and stare at nice bike for hours. The Speedy just isn't beautiful in the way that my Colnago is or even my old ladies bike. Weird. I guess the Speedy is more of a tool or a piece of equipment. Waffle waffle.

Anyoldhoo, it's home now and I am a few quid lighter. I shall go for a spin later when the rain stops and report back.

Last time I rode a Speedy in anger I destroyed a front wheel flange pushing into a corner. Adam Hart Davies was very nice about it though.

andharwheel

Well done that man. I nearly sold mine last year (no 18), but glad that I didnt. Fitted some new bits and some fast tyres-what a blast. I just love going out and finding some fast twisty bits of road on it.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
I was surprised to discover twenty inch rims on it, I know that #002 had them (cos it used to be mine) and that from #003 onwards they had 16" (moulton) rims. It's a better wheel size, less rolling resistance, wider availability of quality tyres but probably not so good round corners. Does anyone know when they changed?

Top Bottom