Iv'e just bought a speedy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbly John

Veteran
spandex said:
You may need to get your riding legs back as I think we have just had our names put forward with ( CH and R Mc G ) for the (3) Brompton World Championship at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire on the 28th September?

http://www.brompton.co.uk/bwc/?l=1

I bet the winner doesn't get handed a load of broken brommie bits to make a trophy for next year. :tongue:

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Wobbly John said:
I bet the winner doesn't get handed a load of broken brommie bits to make a trophy for next year. :biggrin:
:thumbsdown::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Tee hee!

andharwheel

The original ones didnt have 16 in wheels they have 17in Moulton. Now able to get Stelvios in this size, much faster tyre. And yes the atom brakes are pretty good, hardly any wear on the brake shoes on mine despite being over 20years old.

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
She came home today after a long day of meetings and such, noticed the flowers, noticed the new mirror in the bathroom, noticed that I hadn't had a shave, managed to sniff out the bottle of tequila. Did She mention the Wincheetah SL parked in the dining room of our small terraced house? Did she fukc. Eventually I pointed it out to her, had the whole 'It looks stupid-no it doesn't/ 'surely it's dangerous- no it's not dangerous' conversation and then, to my surprise She sat in it and smiled and said 'ooh it's really comfortable isn't it!' I reckon I'll get Her out in it at the weekend, her legs are just about long enough. ;)

<shock>

You mean to say you took up with a woman who'd never sat in a recumbent trike? Jeez, that's a bit of a risk innit?

Seems you've got away with it though...:biggrin:

NickM

Veteran
MsM has joined the Dark Side at last! :blush:

After years of half-hearted trying and failing on two wheels and three, she tried a Catrike Pocket trike on Saturday afternoon (thank you Ian, Mr Catrike UK) and was instantly smitten, because IT FITS.

It's the only sparkly British Racing Green Catrike Pocket in the UK ;)

I like it too (when I can get a go), but we can't really have two parked in the kitchen... ;)

NickM said:
MsM has joined the Dark Side at last! :blush:

After years of half-hearted trying and failing on two wheels and three, she tried a Catrike Pocket trike on Saturday afternoon (thank you Ian, Mr Catrike UK) and was instantly smitten, because IT FITS.

It's the only sparkly British Racing Green Catrike Pocket in the UK ;)

I like it too (when I can get a go), but we can't really have two parked in the kitchen... ;)

Did she run around the track on Sunday?

NickM

Veteran
Catrike UK said:
Did she run around the track on Sunday?
Indeed she did! Photo on its way to you ;)

Phixion

I wouldn't mind trying a recumbent, but I can't help thinking I'd feel like an idiot riding one...

Also I'd be butt-clinching whenever I held up traffic, which I'm guessing would be very often if you use it on the roads.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Phixion said:
I wouldn't mind trying a recumbent, but I can't help thinking I'd feel like an idiot riding one...

Also I'd be butt-clinching whenever I held up traffic, which I'm guessing would be very often if you use it on the roads.

Why would you be butt clenching at the thought of holding up other traffic? What's different about holding up cars on a normal upright bike?

Phixion

BentMikey said:
Why would you be butt clenching at the thought of holding up other traffic? What's different about holding up cars on a normal upright bike?

I was referring to trikes really, obviously they are wider than an upright bike.

Top Bottom