I've lost my cycling mojo...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Mmm I know somebody that moved into motorcycling after a break from cycling. He lost interest and took a break. I can't remember the last time I saw him on a bicycle.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Me too, I've lost mine which is REALLY bad coz I'm the works cycle rep LOL. It's really coz I've got busy painting and something had to give and now I've decided I need to MTFU and get back to it, it's freezing and I'm not acclimatized to it. My advice would be to give yourself a guilt free holiday from it for a month and then MTFU and get out. You will enjoy it a lot more after a well deserved break.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What kind of bike have you been riding?

My prescription: have a rest, eat, drink, don't feel guilty. Sell a couple of bikes and use the lolly to buy a nice fast lightweight roadie and then wait until the day is right. It will come.

D

Deleted member 1258

I think every life long cyclist has had a few breaks during their career. It's not compulsory to ride full time. Clean the bike, polish it and put it in the garage. One day you'll walk in, look at it and the desire will start coming back again.

Yes its happened to me several times, some years ago I took 6 months off and then came back to cycling again, the time of year doesn't help, my mojo is often low or missing at this time, its cold, the weathers bad and the warm house and favorite spot on the settee beckons, but the hours of daylight are increasing and at some point the desire to ride will come back.

Sometimes you just do lose interest in something you used to enjoy. I had the same happen with martial arts and Rugby. I did lots of different martial arts, for about 16 years, then I gradually lost interest, and decided to go and find something else to do. Same with Rugby. I played at club level for 11 or so years, then I just gradually got bored of it. I've been cycling for 30 odd years, I have had times when I've thought, this is actually a bunch of arse, I must be mad. Just last night I had a massively irritating ride home, lots of wheel suckers / ringy bell, shouty bloody organ donors, all I wanted to do was have a steady leisurely roll home after a nasty old 12 hr day shift, I even took the 'scenic route' through parks and such like, to try and avoid the Clark Kent brigade, but no, there were about a million idiots on some sort of mission, who just don't know when to go past and shut up. That said, the morning rides in, more than compensate, so for now, I keep cycling. Who knows, I may get bored and jack cycling in someday, just not today.

Top Bottom