I've ordered a new ebike 😄

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jann71

Veteran
According to my LBS is the Rolls Royce of bikes.

WOW - looks cool

make model?????

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
As in Rolls Royce cars look rubbish and cost a lot ? It's not a looker, and I can't see the point of cheap 60mm spring suspension on a utility bike

I'm afraid I have to agree with this. My immediate thoughts were "vandal-proof hire scheme bike". It almost looks to have been intentionally designed to be ugly to minimise theft appeal. If I was spending the price of a R & M, I would want vastly better aesthetics and decent rigid forks not BSO-style boingy ones. I'm all for things being utilitarian, but that doesn't have to equate to ugly and ungainly. A big fail in the design department I'm afraid, no matter how decent the electric motor and battery bits might be. The chassis and bodywork is a minger. I've actually seen an R & M that superficially resembles an old-school Ladies heavy roadster, with a loop frame and a woven basket on the front. At a distance I didn't realise it was even an e-bike. It was way easier on the eye than the one posted by the OP, which looks like a cash-in-hand job for a street furniture designer.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Riese and Muller bikes are built to invade Poland, no bad thing for an ebike.

I've not ridden a Nevo, but I bet the girder frame cures the problem of flex with a low-step.

Declaring an interest, I have the previous model Charger, bought mostly because I wanted twin batteries and a Rohloff hub.

Which brings us to another benefit, you get decent quality branded components with a Riese and Muller bike.

To name a few, Thudbuster seatpost, XT gears, Supernova light, Magura four pot brakes - worth having because an ebike takes some stopping - Alex rims, Novatec hubs, and SKS mudguards.

Mine came with a Suntour Aion fork, which is air and has magnesium legs.

As my local bike shop commented, you are probably better off with a higher model Suntour than a cheap Rockshox.

The Aion is fully serviceable, although I'm not too keen on Suntour's too clever for its own good QLoc through axle.

Another plus is the ability to spec quite a few options, include Bosch displays, battery size and dual battery.

The carrier on the Nevo is Riese and Muller's own design, but I can guarantee it will be at least as strong and durable as a Tubus.

All of which comes at a cost in terms of money and weight, but the OP's bike shop is correct in saying Riese and Muller are about as premium as you will get in ebike terms.

Yes, you could put a £750 Chinese kit on a bike Skippy would approve of, but not everyone wants to do that.

https://www.r-m.de/en-gb/bikes/nevo3/

gzoom

Über Member
I see its got what looks like a wheel 'lock'. I presume its quite heavy so people cannot just pick it up and walk of with it if the wheels are 'locked'.

Be interesting to see how you get on with it, I assume it can go 15mph every where with not alot of effort!

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair, no bike shop ever made a sale by claiming their product was the Trabant of E bikes, so take sales pitch with a pinch of saline.

But what matters is that it suits your tastes and needs. If it tcks those boxes, you're well sorted.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
To me Rolls Royce cars look hideous. I’d imagine their drive quality is 10x better than my Citroen though. When I read the post I assumed that’s what the dealer had meant.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I’d imagine their drive quality is 10x better than my Citroen though.

Strange to relate, the Rolls Silver Spirit used Citroen suspension at the rear.

There was a licence plate under the bonnet to prove they were allowed to do it.

Slick

Guru
We are hoping to move house soon which will add another 6 hilly miles to my existing 15 miles each way commute. I'm giving serious consideration to calling back in to your shop to see what he has for me. :okay:

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
It's a strange mentality that thinks the most appropriate response to a 'this-is-my-new-bike' post is "your new bike is sh1t" - particularly when it isn't......and when silence is an option.

Assuming it meets your needs, jann71, you've done well. Being in the UK, and west Scotland no less, you might enjoy it even more with a nice long mudflap fitted to the front mudguard! I find RAW MUDFLAPS to be very good. :okay:

Top Bottom