I've ordered a new ebike 😄

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jann71

jann71

Veteran
It's a strange mentality that thinks the most appropriate response to a 'this-is-my-new-bike' post is "your new bike is sh1t" - particularly when it isn't......and when silence is an option.

Assuming it meets your needs, jann71, you've done well. Being in the UK, and west Scotland no less, you might enjoy it even more with a nice long mudflap fitted to the front mudguard! I find RAW MUDFLAPS to be very good. :okay:
Thank you. I'm now riding more miles than I ever have.
As the saying goes "if you can't be nice be quiet".

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thank you. I'm now riding more miles than I ever have.

Have you thought about a spare or dual battery?

About 40 miles is usual for a single battery, although you will get further if you can manage on lowest 'eco' setting.

Legomutton

According to my LBS is the Rolls Royce of bikes.

I would have said the Toyota Land Cruiser of e-bikes. They aren't cheap either, but they are pretty robust and reliable, and get the job done.

I'd like one of each for Christmas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jann71

jann71

Veteran
Have you thought about a spare or dual battery?

About 40 miles is usual for a single battery, although you will get further if you can manage on lowest 'eco' setting.
I have a 400 and 500 battery for my current bike. I've had a few rides where I've taken both just in case. But even after 55 hilly miles I still had battery left without swapping.
Will just be the 500 on the new bike due to the small frame.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have a 400 and 500 battery for my current bike. I've had a few rides where I've taken both just in case. But even after 55 hilly miles I still had battery left without swapping.
Will just be the 500 on the new bike due to the small frame.

Good effort.

I think the Nevo uses the Powertube battery so won't be compatible with your other ones.

It's much more convenient if you get away with one battery.

Dwn

If Thornwood is beside Patrick, yes.
Bought my first bike there just after he opened.
I’ve occasionally passed the place; looks like he always has nice stuff in. I’ve a notion for one of the R&M cargo bikes

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm afraid I have to agree with this. My immediate thoughts were "vandal-proof hire scheme bike". It almost looks to have been intentionally designed to be ugly to minimise theft appeal. If I was spending the price of a R & M, I would want vastly better aesthetics and decent rigid forks not BSO-style boingy ones. I'm all for things being utilitarian, but that doesn't have to equate to ugly and ungainly. A big fail in the design department I'm afraid, no matter how decent the electric motor and battery bits might be. The chassis and bodywork is a minger. I've actually seen an R & M that superficially resembles an old-school Ladies heavy roadster, with a loop frame and a woven basket on the front. At a distance I didn't realise it was even an e-bike. It was way easier on the eye than the one posted by the OP, which looks like a cash-in-hand job for a street furniture designer.
Says the guy who gets all his bikes from the skip......have a bit of respect for someone elses ride

Stul

Veteran
..great looking bike....I am sure you will have lots of fun on it!!

Just started getting ours out again the last couple of weeks, it's great to be out and about again and enjoying some sunshine!!

Top Bottom