I've probably done my last road ride of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's the cake and beer I need to work off with something!

I always used to plan my day rides with at least two tea and cake stops.

And when I did long tours (twice x six weeks) I bought whole cakes or several pies or pastries every morning. I'm in it for the distance (and comfort), not speed (or suffering).

nickAKA

Über Member
I'm feeling rather demotivated since the weather turned but I'm putting this down to not having any events / adventures planned. Consequently, I've been in touch with a couple of my riding 'buddies' and loosely planned a tour of some big local(ish) hills for next spring. dunno if it's going to tempt me onto the bike for intensive training just yet but as it gets closer the fear factor will MAKE me do it... I know on the day the training will pay me back...

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Surely the lure of Rhyl next May will prove too great?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
One year,probably around 2007 or 8(can't be bothered to look it up in my collection of exercise diaries) i managed the grand total of 11 miles in one year. I thought that was it,i'd given up on cycling.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Try a week no car no bike, just public transport, Mr. Mojo will immediately come back :laugh:
Don't feel bad @Crackle, If you're bored of cycling you're bored, have a break, maybe build a bike or something?
Won't keep you slim, but it'll keep you busy.
I recently gave up Yoga after only 6 classes:laugh: boring like a most boring thing to me.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just not felt the love this year. All my cycling has felt like a chore. Don't think I've managed a single ride over about 35miles, no consistency and I've ridden just for basic fitness.

I did a little tour of Anglesey with Mrs C which I soured my way through but nothing else has grabbed me, so time to ditch it and do something else. I may do some stuff on the mtn bike and I might try running again. If the running works out and it doesn't want to make me scratch my eyeballs out, I might aim for the Anglesey half marathon next April but it's two years since I've run and I don't think my knees are getting any better, so......

Anyway, it's a feeling of relief to just sack it off now and do something else. Happens sometimes and I'm not going to fight it.

My sympathies are with you.

I've managed only 293 miles this year and have struggled with my mileage since my illness two years back when I was averaging around 2500 pa.

It's a bugger of an activity to get excited about - I find it hard to do so.

Good luck with your break, sorry to hear about your dogs paw. :sad:

Is Mrs Crackle going to carry on cycling on her new bike?

PS: if you've got time on your hands I can think of something that you could do..... :laugh:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

My sympathies are with you.

I've managed only 293 miles this year and have struggled with my mileage since my illness two years back when I was averaging around 2500 pa.

It's a bugger of an activity to get excited about - I find it hard to do so.

Good luck with your break, sorry to hear about your dogs paw. :sad:

Is Mrs Crackle going to carry on cycling on her new bike?

PS: if you've got time on your hands I can think of something that you could do..... :laugh:
Oh yeah, she'll carry on, commuting mainly and she's just come back from Kent and a tour with a friend.

As for the dog, he's just too venerable to run now. His paw doesn't bother him except on rough stony ground for which he now has dog boots. If I had a pound for everyone who's asked me about them, I'd have beer for life.

Top Bottom