I've probably done my last road ride of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
If anything makes me rekindle my love of cycling it is running. I find it hateful and do it for load bearing exercise, but honestly cycling on ice with slick tyres is more fun.
Soooooo true!

mustang1

Guru
I totally get it - just want to stop doing the thing you've been doing for so long. BTW recently i started using my MTB after quite some time and it was a really rather good experience going off road.

I'm getting to an undecided sort of state. I want to go out every week doing 30+ miles, but this knee fat pad thing has me in pain sometimes daily and only built up to 8 miles now.
Part of me can't let go, part of me wonders whether I'll be happier doing nothing. It feels pointless sometimes.

I can't run with this and walking doesn't give me the buzz.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I've got no idea who he means?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Not done much road riding myself.
Son in law went all out and has now selling the road bike as he is MTB only it would appear.

I'll go back to a little road bike potter as and when but commute and MTB seem to fulfill my needs.
Maybe I'll sell my Pro Carbon?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Happens to me occasionally as well and it's usually a symptom of something else going on in life. Also, I'm no fan of the cold because I'm a southern ponce.

I usually just hit the rollers or turbo to keep something like fitness and then think about something else until the love returns. Or my arse gets sore.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, from what I read, many of the members don't actually ride their bikes regularly although this is a cycling forum. I must confess, I still enjoy my rides but being a fair weather rider and winter on the horizon, they will become less frequent. Not to despair, at least I am in good company on here and won't feel so guilty.

pjd57

Veteran
I was away on holiday for most of August.
Enjoyed the long break, but really missed cycling.
Home now and on the bikes every day.
Mainly short runs to shops , a few work miles , plus an occasional longer run.

Lonestar

Veteran
I miss being able to run.

Yeah I know what you mean.I stopped playing football in 1991 due to knee problems...Although I rarely do long rides now....My last 103 miler was in Thailand about 4 years ago I still enjoy commuting as opposed to using public transport.Have only missed a handful of commutes by bike since 2003.

Top Bottom