I've ricked me back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE="Crackle, but I've had to succumb to drugs, the downside of which is that I can't have that beer I put in

I think may have to look seriously at changing my stretching routine to sort this long term. I took some codeine last night. I may not have a bowel movement for another three days now! .

I'd go with what Dave says. I have a set of exercises to do now from the physio, but not been able to do them since injuring my knee. My issues, from breaking my spine, are reduced mobility in my hips and lower back. I've got to do them or I'll not be able to ride, or indeed, end up like my mother in law (a term my wife uses).

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="fossyant, post: 5396998, member: . I've got to do them or I'll not be able to ride, or indeed, end up like my mother in law (a term my wife uses).[/QUOTE]
What? Wearing big frocks and bloomers ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE="fossyant, post: 5396998, member: . I've got to do them or I'll not be able to ride, or indeed, end up like my mother in law (a term my wife uses).
What? Wearing big frocks and bloomers ^_^[/QUOTE]

I really hope not, she's also 3x my size round the middle.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Other peoples problems do put your own in perspective. I was reading this this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/45714174

"I'm a little bit broken," she said.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 live, she added: "I've got some dodgy discs in my lower back and neck. I've had four major knee operations. I'm in the chiropractor every few weeks and it is quite tough. Sometimes you think 'was it worth it?' but instantly you say it was worth it.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5398508, member: 9609"]Good luck with that hope it doesn't show anything too bad, as you will no any symptoms below the knee are not good.
I have an ankle that will go all pins and needles / numbness and I take it as a big red flag to be super careful for a week or too. (its a narrowed foramen with bony growths that squish the nerve)

best of luck with it.[/QUOTE]
I'm having my whole spine MRI'd this afternoon and he's referred me for nerve conduction tests as there are some unclear nervy things
Apparently I'm more 'interesting' that 'just' my lower back history :wacko:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I'm assuming you didn't do this getting off your bike this time, Crax?
Given that you've retired.
I'm gonna push back on that, as much as my back will allow. Only the road bike, boyo. Might try the mtn bike later this week...

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5399837, member: 9609"]scary things reading MRI results, I guess you have had them before so you will know they never sound good even when they are not too bad.

Mine sounded like the end of the world but i'm OK ish now.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, but I won't be doing the reading. One good thing is I'm not in as bad a state apparently as most of the patients he sees who are under the same rheumatologist as me!

MRI done, lying still on back for 45 minutes was very uncomfortable, and half my left hand went dead!

Top Bottom