Ive started shouting at cars and traffic lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
This Strava app on my iphone keeps giving me time trials and although I am trying to rest my hurty knee I cant help myself when I know there is a time trial ahead .
Ive found myself shouting at lights not to turn red and cars not to turn left , not in an angry way , more of a pleading way so I can finish the trial but they always go red or turn left :banghead:

Kies

Yep. Welcome to Strava :biggrin:

OP, if your shouting at traffic lights is successful, would you please come and shout at my hedges.

They grew too quickly this year.

Also my kettle. Sometimes it takes too long to boil. Which is annoying.

A word of caution: On my former commute, I ended up timing myself only between the first and last major junction. Although significantly 'pre-Strava', this change was because I had twice (well into my forties) taken ridiculous risks at junctions to maintain a good time.

I am usually a sensible rider, but I dived into gaps that were hardly there, to clock a time I'd tell nobody about. Mad and embarrassing, but sadly true.

People will die using Strava. But they'll die testing gas joints with matches, too. It's just Darwin.

Oh, you are using an app on road for Strava..

I would say don't. Just get a GPS computer and see if you have improved over a ride.

+1

vickster

Legendary Member
I use strava but mostly the phone is in the trunk or saddle bag so I can't see it. However, I do spend time worrying that I forgot to turn it on :whistle:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Mine has its own little pocket in the saddle bag . I did wonder why people where talking about safety and death . I guess they assumed I was riding along playing with my phone :stop: There are far too many TT's for that kind of thing :laugh:
I got king of the mountain on castle way this morning . :becool: But to be honest you need to boot it down that road or you will get mugged :laugh:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Strava , jointed it , dislikes it , deleted it , Bye Bye Strava

Up the Local hill I was 980 out of 1516 which was nice, and after thinking did I really need to know that, decided not to bother looking again.

I tend to shout at cows for a hobby now rather than cars.

People will die using Strava. But they'll die testing gas joints with matches, too. It's just Darwin.

Years ago me and my then boyfriend had a landlord come round to check for a gas leak. He got the matches out. You've never seen two people get of a house so quickly.
bth_running-smiley.gif
bth_running-smiley.gif

He fixed it with a bit of candle wax. Class act.

Attachments

• bth_running-smiley.gif
    bth_running-smiley.gif
    8 KB · Views: 32

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
When out riding, I bleat at sheep, and they bleat back to me. It doesn't have much effect on Strava though.

I'm good with languages. I used to be able to hold a conversation with my goat. She was quite intelligent.

^_^

Top Bottom