Ive started shouting at cars and traffic lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
Just started using Strava this morning, quite good and I like the segments which made the journies more interesting. I usually use Endomodo which screams my times every mile.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If you want to prove your are fast do some tt's or racing and stay alive, unfortunately I'm only good at the last one, touch wood!

I don't want to prove anything . Im quite happy playing on my push bike and running the app while I cycle about . Its just a bit of fun ^_^

Cyclopathic

Veteran
If I ever decide I'm going to Strava up, what's the deal? Does it time and post up all your journies or do you decide what to post up. I don't really want to people to know how long it takes me to get places but I might want to have the info for myself to try and better my times and such.

If I ever decide I'm going to Strava up, what's the deal? Does it time and post up all your journies or do you decide what to post up. I don't really want to people to know how long it takes me to get places but I might want to have the info for myself to try and better my times and such.

You set it running as you set off. No-one else can see the info unless you want them to. I've found it a good way of seeing if I have improved at all....

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I too admit to taking risks when going for segments. There is this one locally that I am joint KOM on but I only got there by some quick thinking and good planning (traffic wise).
I attempted it earlier that day and a car pulled out infront of me (if i was cycling at a normal speed it would have been okay). For some reason I felt compelled to overtake it as I was adamant on getting a good time. Turns out around the next bend traffic was slowing anyway so it was just pointless and I was cursing to myself.
There arent too many segs through traffic lights around here, which is good.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

On the app you get to see your times and have the option to save the ride . If you don't it just wipes it . I guess if you have people looking at you on there then they can see it after you have saved the ride but if people are doing that then they must have issues and it will alert you to the fact .
You can join in a challenge if you like and the monthly one is the one I am finding fun . Its good to see what others are doing in the challenge but then I have issues and will probably be stalking them soon :laugh:

The TT's seem to be set up by Strava once it finds your normal route . I could be wrong on that but that's what I have found . Its fun to know where the route is and the ones local to me are in cycle lanes on quiet roads or at least safe . Of course you still need to be aware but the ones that flag up on my app are pretty safe to ride it like you stole it ^_^

I too admit to taking risks when going for segments. There is this one locally that I am joint KOM on but I only got there by some quick thinking and good planning (traffic wise).
I attempted it earlier that day and a car pulled out infront of me (if i was cycling at a normal speed it would have been okay). For some reason I felt compelled to overtake it as I was adamant on getting a good time. Turns out around the next bend traffic was slowing anyway so it was just pointless and I was cursing to myself.
There arent too many segs through traffic lights around here, which is good.
Its not a worthwhile segment then :rolleyes: Take Care :thumbsup:

Ben M

Don't you mean that you are shouting at them to turn red?

"Please turn red, I am completely knackered and am not going to beat my segment time. I need an excuse. PLEASE!"

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I think it's a smashing little app, I'm locked in a bit of a battle with someone at the moment over a KOM, we follow one another and it's fun to have a bit of banter as it changes hands. However it's one that hasn't been seized by one of the local superheroes who'll post a time I'd only achieve on a Hayabusa, but it will be and I think it looses it's appeal a little then, it's all about challenging yourself then though.

sheffgirl

Just started using Strava this morning, quite good and I like the segments which made the journies more interesting. I usually use Endomodo which screams my times every mile.

I use MapMyRide, and it does the same, every mile it tells me how far I've gone, its quite good to hear how far I've done 'Total distance 27 miles' it told me last week ^_^

Top Bottom