Ive upped my RAM..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Carwash said:
Yes - you should learn the difference between RAM ('memory') and disk capacity. :smile:

Duly told !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sittingduck said:
^HDD size innit

I know that,that's why it's not called memory.

PC World used to advertise like this,perhaps believing everybody was a computer bimbo.

Their adverts came across that way.

No offence to the OP intended.:smile:

3GB ram and 160GB hard drive space.I knew that.:smile:;)

More than my second computer which has 2GB Ram and a 3.4Ghz Processor.

Which is better than my previous number two computer which had 2GB Ram and a 1.8GHZ Processor.(Im going to use that as a jukebox)

That's a point what is your processor speed?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

hackbike 666 said:
I know that,that's why it's not called memory.

PC World used to advertise like this,perhaps believing everybody was a computer bimbo.

Their adverts came across that way.

No offence to the OP intended.:smile:

3GB ram and 160GB hard drive space.I knew that.:smile:;)

More than my second computer which has 2GB Ram and a 3.4Ghz Processor.

Which is better than my previous number two computer which had 2GB Ram and a 1.8GHZ Processor.(Im going to use that as a jukebox)

That's a point what is your processor speed?

2ghz

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

marinyork said:
More importantly Yenrod, what is your CPU?

Been trying to find this out - via crucial as I'm sure they do it BUT do you know how could get this info'..ive got it before...but just can't recall...:smile:

nigelnorris

Depends on your OS but if you open up Windows Explorer, right click on My Computer then select Properties, there most likely going to be a System section that will tell you what you have under the hood.

numbnuts said:
I upped my ram too from 512mb to 2gb and now it goes from "not responding":angry: to whoosh :smile:
I upped my RAM from 128mb to 1.25gb (the most it could take) and its went from "not responding" to putt, putt, we'll get there :smile:

Right click My Computer and select properties.
The general tab indicates what OS you have , what service pack it is using who registered the OS and at the bottom under Computer it will list the Processor and how much RAM Windows can see.

nigelnorris

ian turner said:
Right click My Computer and select properties.
The general tab indicates what OS you have , what service pack it is using who registered the OS and at the bottom under Computer it will list the Processor and how much RAM Windows can see.
Like I said earlier, it's OS dependant. That might work for XP but certainly not Vista.

Top Bottom