JACK The Bike Rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
A 'universal' handlebar mounted front rack. Reaching the later stages of what appears to be a successful Kickstarter campaign.
I like the look of it, the apparent robustness, the ease with which it can be shifted from bike to bike, how it can take loads of various shapes and sizes, and that it doesn't require a proprietary bag/box.
On the other hand, I wonder how easily it would fit amongst a conventional(?) four cable arrangement? Probably no worse than any front mounted luggage system?

Any thoughts?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Kickstarter is a not something I am a fan of after dealing with the nonsense of late or failed deliveries, The idea is fine, the cost is ridiculous and the claims are outlandish. I am not sure how the design can be 'iconic' when the product does not even exist yet.

Seems good - as others have said - not sure about the price

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Im not a fan of adding mass around the steering axis.

It's only rated to 5 kilos though, so not a massive amount of weight there. I regularly carry about 2 kilos there when I go bikepacking on multi day off-road tours and must admit, that whilst I was initially a little cautious I don't actually notice the weight affect my steering at all. Many folk use Carradice and similar bar bags as well with no bother so I suspect it will be fine.

sasquath

They ripped off my 1998 rack made out of 6mm rebar. Mine was held in place with cable ties though...
It's about £5 in materials and Chinese boy knocks 20 in an hour...design took probably 2-3 days, including 4 prototypes.

It would interfere with my BC, camera and light mounts, for £15 I would consider a purchase.

Reckon this just as good
1633482658395.png

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/flexible-folding-bike-basket-10l/_/R-p-144986?mc=8349941&c=GREY
Spend the savings on beer and chocolate :okay:

Top Bottom