Jaguar 4x4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Disregarding the job creation aspects, do we really need another version of the 'Chelsea Tractor' on our roads? Makes me really sad to see so many of these bloated, over weight symbols of conspicuous consumption clogging our streets, ferrying the obese and their offspring around.

Drago

Legendary Member
If you want or need a fourbie then buy a proper one. This Chelsea tractor soft roader rubbish is neither fish nor fowl.

KneesUp

Guru
Disregarding the job creation aspects, do we really need another version of the 'Chelsea Tractor' on our roads? Makes me really sad to see so many of these bloated, over weight symbols of conspicuous consumption clogging our streets, ferrying the obese and their offspring around.
Disregarding the job creation aspect, do we really need another version of the 'Racing Bike' on our roads? Makes me really sad to see so many of these skinny, under weight symbols of conspicuous consumption clogging our streets, ferrying the middle class to and from work.

Disregarding the job creation aspect, do we really need another version of the Mountain Bike' on our roads? Makes me really sad to see so many of these chunky, over-wheeled symbols of conspicuous consumption clogging our parks and paths.

etcetera.

Drago

Legendary Member
Considering they're part of the same group as LR I can't help thinking any sales are likely to come at the expense of their own sales in the other half of the business.

If you want a car that's no good off road buy an estate car. If you want a car with a big boot buy an estate car. If you want a car that still drives comparably to a saloon buy an estate car.

tyred

Legendary Member
Really?

There's a market for guns within the gangs in our cities and towns. Does that mean someone should be producing and selling guns to them?

The fact that there is a market doesn't mean that market has to be pandered to.

Don't be ridiculous.

Jaguar are in the business of building and selling luxury cars, not guns. It is good business sense from their point of view.

Drago

Legendary Member
Competing against their own product is good business sense? Explain if you would be so kind.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Competing against their own product is good business sense? Explain if you would be so kind.
Simple. Imagine a market where the sales are split equally between brand A, owned by company A and brand B, owned by company B.

Now imagine that company A brings out a new brand C. This takes sales equally from A and B, so brands A, B and C each have 33% market share. But company A now has 66% of the market share.

Jaguar are obviously trading Land Rover sales against stealing market share off Audi, MB, BMW etc. As well as Lincoln, Cadillac etc in the US, which is their main market.

MarkF

Guru
It's a big blob of nothingness, a cross between a Mazda, a Hyundai and er, summat else, I keep thinking this fat-blob fashion will end but aren't Bentley also bringing one out?

article-0-1BB172C4000005DC-477_634x369.jpg

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I dunno, a bit lower and normal sized wheels, and it'd make quite a swish small hatchback for them that like that sort of thing.

Drago

Legendary Member
Segment whatever. The lower models will steal Evoque and Disco Sport sales, the highest models will steal RRS sales, simple as that. Throughout their existence Jag have an appalling track record for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Yes - sad that there is such a market for these vehicles. IME Its usually '4x4' drivers that assume you will dive in the ditch rather than impede their important progress, when bearing down on you on a narrow country lane - they rarely slow down, let alone stop.

Top Bottom