Jeremy Clarkson should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Not sure what you are talking about, but I am happy for you to have freedom of speech.

stephec

Legendary Member
Ron Atkinson did the same thing and wasn't seen on screen again,but Clarkson's a money maker for the BBC worldwide.

It'll be interesting to see if he's finally pushed it too far this time.

albion

Guru
The difference is that JC is paid to be a controversial ****hole whilst RA just err was.

It looks like '3 takes and you are out'.

Last edited by a moderator:

stephec

Legendary Member
He's probably believed his own hype regarding being controversial.

Strange thing is that when he does some serious presenting he doesn't do a bad job, some of his documentaries on history, WWII, and engineering have been quite good.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Whilst I think that its all a load of overly PC bullshit over a simple rhyme (although it would never even occur to me to use the word) he really SHOULD have known better in this day and age, particularly considering his previous efforts.

For the record, we said 'Catch a tigger by the toe'.

I doubt a Tigger would have been very happy about it, but I always pictured it being Tigger from Winnie The Poo, and it never once dawned on me that it could be substituted for the 'N' word. That said, we we never once taught it, never heard it, never knew anything much about it, we were never told 'Do not say that word', it was just never discussed. The product of living in an almost exclusively white area I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom