Jeremy Clarkson should be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've just watched the video on the Mirror website. What a load of crap created over nothing!

That's pretty fair assessment of the Daily Mirror.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So, correct me if I am wrong. Jezzer is an idiot, we all know that.

This was filmed TWO years ago, it was an 'out take' and never made the air. The clip that did air, did not have the 'word' in.

So, are we going to hunt down every last 'celebs' outtakes and find offence in what was said ?

Non story really ? Slow news week ?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
try saying the rhyme out loud without the vile n word in it.

piece of pish.

So how come Jezza had so much trouble? He was deliberately playing with fire, on the license payers dollar, as he so often does, and this time he got burned.

:cry:

stephec

Legendary Member
Context, I suppose, but EC was using the term 'white n*gg*r' that was used by British soldiers in Belfast as a pejorative for NI Catholics, so it's used in context, but yes, contentious nonetheless, as is Lennon's "Woman is the n*gg*er of the world' and Patti Smith's 'Rock 'n' Roll n*gg*r'.
Mind you, Oliver's Army is a good song, whereas the others are sh!te :thumbsup:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And if the odious Gove comes out in your defence? You're toast.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
White middle class people have plenty of insults used against them and to think that rascism does not exist between persons of every creed and colour is naïve Mind you "jezza" is to quote "Captain Slow" a "Bellend"
Ok let's have them....and which globally-screened, franchised (paid for by us) broadcast to millions show would they be on....?

cd365

Guru
I've watched the video and yes he does mumble the dreaded N word, as he was saying it he realised he shouldn't be? He recited a nursery rhyme which he was taught in his youth, it came up to the N word automatically, like it probably does with millions of other Britons of a certain age, you have to mentally substitute a word for it. As another poster has said when we were younger the term the "paki shop" was common, we also had one which was referred to locally as the "nig-nogs". As a child I knew no better and in the 70's that was the norm, not right but it was still the norm. I grew up with a half-caste half sister in a non-racist Irish family yet these terms were still used by my parents.

Oh and personally I can't stand Clarkson and Top Gear.

classic33

Leg End Member
Whilst a minority claim that only they have the right to use a word, because when they use it its not offensive, then you're using double standards.

Can I have Humpty Dumpty banned using the same logic?

hoopdriver

Guru
[QUOTE 3059199, member: 45"]He was purposely mumbling in an attempt to pretend he was trying to cover up what he was saying. It was no accident.[/QUOTE]
Yes it was, and what's more notes and correspondence made at the time, two years ago, show that he made sure another take was broadcast. This is an utter non-issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom