Jeremy Vine meets a gangster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
You can't convict someone for poor education, apart from Derek Bentley of course.
No, I agree. I was just commenting on the poor spelling in the text.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
You really never know who you're dealing with sometimes...

"Pearson was nine months into a suspended sentence for theft, assault causing actual bodily harm, and resisting arrest at the time of the altercation with Vine. King commited her case to Isleworth crown court for sentencing.

O’Keeffe said Pearson was a single mother and the incident was “out of character in the sense it was unplanned, it was impulsive and it was something which she in her interview with the police is very willing to accept and did accept she was wrong”."

So her crimes are usually planned and well thought out?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
What text?
_93904480_mediaitem93904479.jpg

Wow.

It's not spelling, or the rage that bothers me the most, it's the stupidity. Does she not know twitter is public? Surely her lawyer has told her she must appear to be repentant.

I think it depends on the nature of the offence committed during the suspension.
Yes. And we don''t have mandatory sentencing in the UK**, so it's always at the courts discretion.

**Googled it, and yes we do, but not for this class of offence.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Wow.

It's not spelling, or the rage that bothers me the most, it's the stupidity. Does she not know twitter is public? Surely her lawyer has told her she must appear to be repentant.
The rage might bother you if she was the one driving a few inches off your back wheel. She's already tweeted another cyclist that next time she won't be stopping.

Unfortunately there's no cure for stupid.

Just hope she gets a few months behind bars to help cool her down, but I doubt it. Thoroughly unpleasant individual.

Last edited:

betty swollocks

large member
Fling her into an oubliette: ghastly creature.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I suspect the chances of her getting locked up to be somewhere short of slim to none - despite the previous convictions.

Her brief will wheel out the "single mother" defence and it will be a slap on the wrist and a spot of community service... a small fine, some points, and a short ban (if we're lucky) and she'll leave happy.

Personally I'd prefer a really long driving ban (10 years should do it for a start) and the confiscation and crushing of her car.... although I suspect that wouldn't change her entitlement fuelled, idiotic rage... as pointed out already you can't cure stupid.

Sara_H

Guru
You really never know who you're dealing with sometimes...

"Pearson was nine months into a suspended sentence for theft, assault causing actual bodily harm, and resisting arrest at the time of the altercation with Vine. King commited her case to Isleworth crown court for sentencing.

O’Keeffe said Pearson was a single mother and the incident was “out of character in the sense it was unplanned, it was impulsive and it was something which she in her interview with the police is very willing to accept and did accept she was wrong”."
In other words, she usually plans her assaults in advance. Delightful.

potsy

Rambler
Top Bottom