Jeremy Vine meets a gangster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Whether they are 'ill' or not is open to question, but such behaviour is indicative of some kind of psychological issue. After all, how many sane and rational people in full control of their intellect and behaviour behave in that way?

Drago

Legendary Member
You must move in some strange circles as one can not be both rational and also behave in an irrational manner. I would wholeheartedly agree with your observation about such behaviour being a cultural issue in many cases.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not really. One can be rational (i.e. understand the implications of different courses of action) but still choose to take a course of action that not not in your best interests (i.e. irrational). We do it although the time. For example, altruistic actions are often irrational.
Do you think that at the moment she was yawping off, blood pressure through the roof, vision tunnelling, auditory exclusion setting in, large gestures with arms and hands, ground kicking, occasional target acquisition glances, that she understood fully the potential consequences of her actions? Once the beast is unleashed these are physiological reactions almost impossible to control. Physiologically she was displaying all the signs of a creature preparing for combat. At that moment in time she may have believed her behaviour was rational, as do many of us in an unusual or stressful situation, but on a London street with no physical threat to react or defend against it clearly was not. She was under the control of base physiological programming, and rational, well adjusted members of society to not enter those behavioural areas without genuine stimuli.

Not really. One can be rational (i.e. understand the implications of different courses of action) but still choose to take a course of action that not not in your best interests (i.e. irrational). We do it although the time. For example, altruistic actions are often irrational.
Depends whether you think acting for a group against one's interests is irrational. We, and many other species, have evolved to often act for the good of the group or family against our personal interests. It's entirely rational.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Nobody is rational all the time.
There seems to be something about driving that exacerbates the extent of some people's irrational behaviour.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Her lawyer, James O’Keeffe, said Vine’s involvement in the case had ensured the case was far more high profile than it should have been and said Pearson had faced racial abuse as a result

I don't condone any abuse, racial or otherwise, that the defendant received, but as it relates to the case itself, so farking what? It's completely irrelevant to the facts of the case.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
You really never know who you're dealing with sometimes...

"Pearson was nine months into a suspended sentence for theft, assault causing actual bodily harm, and resisting arrest at the time of the altercation with Vine. King commited her case to Isleworth crown court for sentencing.

O’Keeffe said Pearson was a single mother and the incident was “out of character in the sense it was unplanned, it was impulsive and it was something which she in her interview with the police is very willing to accept and did accept she was wrong”."

I don't condone any abuse, racial or otherwise, that the defendant received, but as it relates to the case itself, so farking what? It's completely irrelevant to the facts of the case.
I assume that is about sentencing. The court should take into account if she has already been punished.

That being said, can she avoid prison? I thought if you committed a crime during a suspended sentence, then you have to serve that sentence. The only question is how much they add to it.

Top Bottom