Jethro Tull to release Thick as a Brick sequel shocker!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
before anybody else corrects me... it's an Ian Anderson solo release... and he's going to tour both LP's live too!!!

Hope it comes out in vinyl, I was only looking at the original last week, the LP I have is still in pristine condition, there is something special about sliding an LP out of it's sleeve that you just don't get with CD's. I hear they are undergoing a revival, Yeah! Always been a fan of Ian Anderson I suppose because he was different in much the same way Cat Stevens was, but then in the 70's everyone sounded different not like most of todays bland offerings. Oops, I'm starting to rant.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hope it comes out in vinyl, I was only looking at the original last week, the LP I have is still in pristine condition, there is something special about sliding an LP out of it's sleeve that you just don't get with CD's.
You are right, of course, and an LP sleeve is much nicer to read than a poxy CD offering, but I'm afraid that my attitude towards musical sounds is the same as yours towards bikes - I hate to hear noises that shouldn't be there; in the case of LPs - the pops, crackles and scratches. In the end, I gave away my entire vinyl collection and my record deck. Funnily enough, despite then owning a CD player, I pretty much stopped listening to music!

The only way to keep an LP pristine is to never play it. I remember seeing some research in Hifi News (or one of the other mags that I read at the time) where they used state of the art equipment, but you could still measure (and hear) the deterioration of the grooves with repeated playing.

What they should do is to make digital LPs!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I once tried really hard to enjoy Jethro Tull, because a woman I fancied liked them. I even bought an album on cassette. Thankfully, neither "dalliance" lasted long.

----
Sent from my mobile telephonic device using that Tapatalk app thingummyjig.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I wore out several vinyl LPs on my Dad's 78 rpm gramophone before I discovered you were supposed to play them at 33 1/3 rpm with a tiddly little electronic needle....

not really

Top Bottom