Jigsaws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that a Eurographics puzzle? They seem to feature those really irregular pieces, we did a vintage posters one by them about 10 weeks back and it had that random design of pieces.

View attachment 566939
Yes it is. Somewhat perversely I didn't find it too hard. Maybe the definite subject helped. I picked one of these up in Charity shop for £2. That was a jumble of liquorice allsorts. Just too much small detail. It went back!!!

I like the posters. I'll have to look out for that one.

The problem is, what do you do with it once you have finished? I just dismantle it , put it back in the box, in a cupboard and forget about it until may be months or years later.
The one I have at the moment is a repro of Molly from a photograph. It is 2000 pieces and I don't think I will ever finish it as the colours are not 100% accurate and there are lots of out of focus flowers behind Molly.
That's a very good question. I've been doing a lot of these in all the non existent lockdowns.
I keep trying to find some sort of puzzle exchange, but they don't seem to exist. Maybe the element of trust is missing.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The problem is, what do you do with it once you have finished? I just dismantle it , put it back in the box, in a cupboard and forget about it until may be months or years later.
The one I have at the moment is a repro of Molly from a photograph. It is 2000 pieces and I don't think I will ever finish it as the colours are not 100% accurate and there are lots of out of focus flowers behind Molly.

I swap the odd one with someone I know, if there's mutual interest. Most of them go to charity shops though, the staff there reckon they're popular and sell quickly so being a quick profit, they always like receiving them.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Never, ever, buy this jigsaw. Half of it is easy but the pieces damage (since glued back) evident is the result of hours of switching round pieces that fit identically at multiple locations in the ill-defined smoke and sky. I nearly gave up.

Next is the Waterloo Station one posted earlier by ianruk.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Have a tour de Yorkshire one with plastic wrapping still on the box. May never open it.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Currently struggling with this Snow White one, which looks okay on the box but is basically 40 percent lilacs and purples, and about 35 percent black / green. Harder than it looks, weirdly.

20210130_212458.jpg

20210207_110915.jpg

I've just done the Brussels Sprouts one.
Folks who gave it have been struggling since Xmas and haven't finished it. Interweb search brings up others who couldn't handle it. Only 100 pieces. Middle are all square, but just not quite regular. Outsides are curved.
Took me 2.5 hours. Totally underwhelmed.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Unless I bought one of these things you can roll your puzzle up in, I suspect the cat would scatter a jigsaw everywhere! Lol. I will stick to doing them on the computer/ipad. Got 4 various ones I use but I think Magic Puzzles is my favourite.

Top Bottom