Job Offers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Good luck with your decision Zipp !
I wish my employer would offer me early retirement - I would jump at it and would enjoy every second of it. I’ve never been bored in my life and can’t imagine retirement being any different !.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Whatever you decide Zipp, it is a great position to be in...
Yes - good luck!
... especially as you could even consider part-time or reduced hours - at our age the life/work balance has different priorities!
In my case (nearly 65) - officially retiring ASAP, and concentrating on enjoying whatever years I have left! :laugh:

(I have lots of things I want to do, including earning more as a pensioner than I ever earned as an employee, but if I fail, no matter - I can live on my pension!)

No one on their deathbed has ever said "I wish I had spent more time at work"
I would disagree, there are plenty of people who love their jobs.....well maybe not plenty of people!
My neighbour for instance (builder) has said he will never retire completely. He would be bored to death. He does take a fair few holidays mind.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
I would disagree, there are plenty of people who love their jobs.....well maybe not plenty of people!
My neighbour for instance (builder) has said he will never retire completely. He would be bored to death. He does take a fair few holidays mind.

I love what I do but the owner is holding the company back and I tired of being his babysitter. He knows what's going on because I have been up front with him from the start. I have a great work/personal life balance with this job and will lose some of that if I leave, so weighing the pro's and cons of all jobs this weekend before I decide. But I don't plan on retiring any time soon because I love working.

Last edited:
I love what I do but the owner is holding the company back and I tired of being his babysitter. He knows what's going on because I have been up front with him from the start. I have a great work/personal life balance with this job and will loses some of that if I leave, so weighing the pro's and cons of all jobs this weekend before I decide. But I don't plan on retiring any time soon because I love working.
Are the other jobs similar ie will you enjoy them as much? As it appears easy for you to get a job, if the other jobs aren't going to give you the same amount of pleasure I would stick it out. Just keep on at it him. If that don't work try rat poison in his tea.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
make a move? sitting tight? one favorite interview question I like to ask is: "why do you think I would be perfect for this job?" basically makes them make your case for you ^_^

I'm staying tight but now I've got the added task of finding a buyer for the business. The owner finally admitted what I've known for several years that he doesn't want to do this anymore. He really wants out in the next five years. This is what has been causing our friction for some time now. The good thing is that I've been in light talks with our second largest customer for the last year about a possible partnership. So I spoke with them last Friday and we will meet soon about trying to work out a plan for them to take over the business in five years.

Top Bottom