Job Offers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Good Luck @Zipp2001

If having fun at work is your thing then that's excellent. But:-

I've never understood why folks say they would be bored in retirement. I've been retired more that 10 years now and I have lots to keep me occupied. Just can't get it all fitted in. As for winter there's lots to do. Be creative indoors when the weather isn't so wonderous and you don't fancy a bike ride.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Zipp, do you not want to take the business on yourself?
I'm staying tight but now I've got the added task of finding a buyer for the business. The owner finally admitted what I've known for several years that he doesn't want to do this anymore. He really wants out in the next five years. This is what has been causing our friction for some time now. The good thing is that I've been in light talks with our second largest customer for the last year about a possible partnership. So I spoke with them last Friday and we will meet soon about trying to work out a plan for them to take over the business in five years.
Don't underestimate your value to the business... make sure you aren't shouldering all the responsibility running everything to maintain its value without getting the benefits which your current boss will happily take when he sells the profitable business on.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Zipp, do you not want to take the business on yourself?

Don't underestimate your value to the business... make sure you aren't shouldering all the responsibility running everything to maintain its value without getting the benefits which your current boss will happily take when he sells the profitable business on.
I've owned my own business before and not wanting all the craziness that comes with it anymore. Besides I'm out at 2 pm Monday - Thursday and only work a half day on Fridays.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Zipp is starting to sound like Dr Evil planning something unpleasant.

I knew several years ago we would be hitting this point so I had put feelers out with several large customer. We'll see how thing progress into 2021.

Top Bottom