Jobs you hate !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
Reading messages from her indoors that state I’ve tidied X room.
That’s usually code for the rest of the rooms are a tip. I forgot how quickly a toddler can turn a house upside down when you blink. 🫣

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Changing duvet covers really bugs me. Changed one yesterday and the actual duvet is the wrong way round ie the side to side is now lengthwise [if that makes sense] so it hangs over the side of the bed too much but a bit short in length.
I do know the trick of having the cover inside out to start but it is still a fight.

Drago

Legendary Member
Changing duvet covers really bugs me. Changed one yesterday and the actual duvet is the wrong way round ie the side to side is now lengthwise [if that makes sense] so it hangs over the side of the bed too much but a bit short in length.
I do know the trick of having the cover inside out to start but it is still a fight.
Why do most duvet covers have buttons instead of zips? I mean, it's 2023 FFS and buttoning a duvet is the slowest, most tiresome job known to humanity.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
To be honest I don't think I hate any house hold jobs, you have two choices do it yourself or get someone in, never been in a position to employ anyone so I just get on and do it.
One thing I can't understand it how anyone can not iron their clothes or bedding after washing.

Drago

Legendary Member
That'll end up in the wash quite a lot with my propensity to leave skidmarks on the bedding.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Good idea but possibly bad news in combination with the likes of:

Screenshot_20230508_144012_Chrome.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
the bonus of working in a supermarket is never having to 'go' shopping. I just pick up a few bits and bobs after work each day :okay:

Trimming the hedge, but not so much the trimming bit but the fecking about with one of these platforms...
View attachment 688110
This year I'm gonna take the height down by a good 12" so all I'll need in the coming years is this handy little thing...

View attachment 688111

I brought my mrs one of those for her birthday still got a couple of scars, that and the patio cleaner head... Great presents me thinks!!

OldShep

Über Member

We hated fitting duvet covers so much we bought coverless duvets. Simply wonderful https://www.finebedding.co.uk/collections/night-owl-the-coverless-duvet

Top Bottom