Jobs you keep putting off for another day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
When things need to be done, I'll do them (contrary to what my SO thinks :smile:) but I just won't do them straight away. Instead, I will schedule the task into my routine and if it's some way off in the future, so be it, but it will get done on said date.

I've put off tidying up the bike shed for many years though.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have been planning to make a decent bath panel for the bathroom that was newly-installed seven years ago... still planning. And the edging to cover the flooring where it meets the walls can’t go in until the panel is fitted.

That said I did complete the approximately 1m^2 of unfinished tiling in lockdown this year - one thing at a time.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My garage desperately needs tidying. Since I've sold my motorbike and done a few DIY jobs around the house, it is a complete mess and covered in sawdust. Every time I go out there, I turn around and come back out ! I have this weekend to myself and have finished my partner's fence, so I will hopefully attack it on Sunday

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A job/task I've been putting off for a few years is copying some old 35mm slides onto my laptop.

Still, the pics were taken in 1976/77, so there's no great rush.. 😏

I emptied my dining room three and a half years ago and stripped the peeling paint from the ceiling only to find distemper underneath. Things have started to drift back in and I just don't look up any more.
My oil fired boiler ceased to be fifteen years ago. The space left by it in the kitchen is a spider infested black hole. I was intending to replace the kitchen and address the gap by rejigging the kitchen layout. Just haven't got round to it yet.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I greased the headset on the Galaxy yesterday :smile:

the 1997 Galaxy ...

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Clearing the loft out. Jannie wants us to clear the loft out and have a garage sale. I shouted up to her "There is nothing worth selling" "
" What about this bike"?
I had a nearly new Trek Lexa SL I had forgotten about. There is loads of stuff up there worth selling 😁

The trick to clearing out the loft is to move house. You box it all up, pay someone to move it to your new house, then take it to the dump

Top Bottom