Joe Blow pump not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
[quote name='swee'pea99']Finally got round to trying it this morning - worked fine, so thanks all. Only problems is, I found it really difficult to exert enough downward force to actually make the handle go down, once I was up around the 100psi mark. It was literally lifting my feet off the ground! I know I'm not a heavy feller (11 stone something) but I'm not *that* light. Bit weird really...anyone else had anything similar?[/QUOTE]

Not really and I'm a girl ;).
I've not gone above 95 PSI for my tyres though.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I can bring a fair bit more weight to bear and find that above the 100 it does get tough. I don't put anything to higher than 110 but it can take all my weight to do it

PpPete

Legendary Member
I got a Joe Blow for Crimbo too.

Sure it gets harder to push above 100 psi, but still a LOT easier than my old cheapo Tesco track pump. To get the Tesco one to 115 psi needed all my (not inconsiderable) weight, and a lot of energy.

Did deliberately choose the 160psi Joe Blow though - so I knew I'd have a bit in reserve.

Tynan

Veteran
beautiful pump, I love it, I usually find that I have to let some sir out through my presa vavles before trying to get any in, they are a bit vintage though and I suspect the frame pump I use on road might abuse them a bit

Top Bottom