John Lydon on Question time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
John Lydon was on question time last night...anyone watch it?..I've a lot of time for him...he is a clever man and very funny.What do others think of him?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I think he is very successful at self promotion. He has no outstanding talent and attempts to shock, offend and be controversial at every opportunity. It's old, rehearsed, expected and fake
The person who pointed out he smelt and had a lack of oral hygiene pointing out that "John is rotten" thus spawing his stage name, hit the nail on the head so to speak.
He is the first in the chain of many media parasite's. A waste of space in Katie Price proportions imho

I would turn over any channel I saw him on, he says nothing I would ever expect him not to these days, he does not surprise and his act is old. The rebel shite was cool when I was an easily influenced child but now he just comes across as a silly old man imho

I think he is very successful at self promotion. He has no outstanding talent and attempts to shock, offend and be controversial at every opportunity. It's old, rehearsed, expected and fake
The person who pointed out he smelt and had a lack of oral hygiene pointing out that "John is rotten" thus spawing his stage name, hit the nail on the head so to speak.
He is the first in the chain of many media parasite's. A waste of space in Katie Price proportions imho

I would turn over any channel I saw him on, he says nothing I would ever expect him not to these days, he does not surprise and his act is old. The rebel shite was cool when I was an easily influenced child but now he just comes across as a silly old man imho

You not a fan then?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I like him. Amazing to think that when he wrote those great songs for The Sex Pistols he was only a teenager. Sensitive side too, quite touching see him speaking about his friend Sid in Julian Temple's film, 'Filth and the Fury'. And PiL are a top notch act. And they're still a top notch act, saw him a couple of years ago and he was very entertaining. Good ol' boy and he likes butter!

yello

[QUOTE 1921791, member: 45"]His TV character is as manufactured as the Pistols were.[/quote]

I get that impression too. I don't think he's an idiot though.

I'm not saying he's a master of disguise or a comic genius, nor are his characters a carefully considered creation, but I do think he knows what he's doing and he's not without insight.

but apart from that he's ok..?

yello

Coincidently, I've just been reading about the 'wild card' slots on QT so maybe Alan Partridge will be on next. Why not? I take it more as a reflection on QT than on Lydon who, after all, only appeared as himself - whoever that might be!

ASC1951

Guru
[QUOTE 1921840, member: 45"]Which is fine when you're on a comedy panel show, but you wouldn't expect Alan Partridge to be taken seriously on QT would you?[/quote]
I wouldn't take seriously anyone I see on Question Time -
- self important evasive politicians
- vain half-educated Westminster-Bubble journalists
- a chairman with a third-rate intellect who has spent his entire working life as a Beeb hack and mistakenly thinks his views are as interesting as the panel's.

none of the panellists can usually get a word in anyway, with Dimblebore there. Someone needs to tell him that the programme is not called 'The David Dimbleby Show'...

pplpilot

Guru
So much for the rebel and shock value he tries to portray, from the Sex pistols to advertising butter. A sell out if you ask me.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 1921994, member: 45"]The Pistols were as manufactered as The Monkees.[/quote]

Both good bands. Both with exceptionally talented and innovative members such as John Lydon and also Mike Nesmith of the Monkees.

Top Bottom